• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major transaction let-down. Need advice!
3 3

1,251 posts in this topic

boy, another day, another mess on this board.

it is a damn shame really.

it is well within the confines of human nature

The boards are a pie slice of human society. You'll get everything in here like you get it out there.

Overall, the fact that a lot of us know and deal with each other on a regular basis helps keep things in check.

To be fair, people mostly only speak up when there is a problem...so you only see the squeaky wheel. You take the well oiled, quiet wheels for granted even though they are there all the time.

Its one of the reason we have forums , these issues are a reality BUT like other boards I go to where things are purchased and sold ( even if off the board as long as between board memebers) there should be a dispute forum for issues like these.

The boards are a pie slice of human society. You'll get everything in here like you get it out there.

Overall, the fact that a lot of us know and deal with each other on a regular basis helps keep things in check.

To be fair, people mostly only speak up when there is a problem...so you only see the squeaky wheel. You take the well oiled, quiet wheels for granted even though they are there all the time.

mmm...Pie. :cloud9:

To be fair, it has been really quiet on the boards till Frankie and his shenanigans then Trey and now this

The rule of three.

Its one of the reason we have forums , these issues are a reality BUT like other boards I go to where things are purchased and sold ( even if off the board as long as between board memebers) there should be a dispute forum for issues like these.

The problem is that if it becomes too much of a burden for the Mods then they'd probably just do away with it. It's more of a convenience than a necessity for them.

mmm...Pie. :cloud9:

Squeaky pie.

lol

May I make a suggestion

A forum ombudsman

May I make a suggestion

A forum ombudsman

Aren't those only in Canada?

May I make a suggestion

A forum ombudsman

Aren't those only in Canada?

No as a member of the BMW Car Club of America I have access to the club one.

no doubt. if the story is true. your buddy should call the guy out. the measure of a man is his word and his honesty. if it was a done deal that sucks. in the words of my sexy tina turner " break a deal. face the wheel."

exactly my first thought when I read the op

but a small correction for accuracy

"bust a deal, face the wheel"

OK well i really have to go to work right now so ill say some further stuff that happened real quick.

The new buyer sent me a PM saying he bought the book on the 18th and he was unaware of what was going on and he's sorry, Now i want to believe him and im trying but, the book appeared in his sig line up yesterday and thats 1 day after i was told theres something wrong with the book hmmmmm. Then i am told he paid $1500 for the book when i was paying $1600. So it appears either everyone thinks im very stupid or the seller just doesnt like money.I just checked all my PM's with the seller and talked with him originally on the i think 7th or 8th, and had the first payment on the 11th and within less than a week from that had the remainder of the balance.

There is absolutly no way I did anything wrong and I will be 10000% shocked if the seller can accuse me of anything exept being extremly exited about anything that has happened between us.

I will be home at 5 today i wish i could see whats gonna happen now but i cant, I will say who he is when i get back thanks

more food for thought...and a new twist...wow

It doesn't seem so unreasonable that he'd put up a pic of his new comic ten days after "buying" it. If the deal was agreed upon on the 18th, maybe loot was sent on the 19th, comic shipped on the 20th or 21st, it's easy to see the second buyer not getting it until the 27th or 28th, then scanning it and getting it in his sig.

I'm definitely leaning towards condemning the seller, but not at all convinced that the second buyer did anything wrong. I hope not. :wishluck:

why would the seller sell it for less money than he had previously agreed a sale on?

Especially as the original buyer still wanted the book.

Doesn't add up.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised at all if one of the seller's buddies/friends PM's him and tells him he missed the boat on the book being offered, so the seller does him a favor and pulls the book from the 1st buyer to sell to his friend. I imagine this kind of stuff happens all the time for the simple reason that down the road, the "buddy/friend" can return the favor by finding a tough book for him, giving him a good deal, splitting a new collection with him, etc.,.

Especially when dealing with scarce, GA books, it's sometimes who you know and how much money you ultimately can spend in total (over years and years of dealing with someone) and not how much $$ you have to spend on one book. That's the harsh reality of life if you're not "connected" in this hobby. :(