• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major transaction let-down. Need advice!
3 3

1,251 posts in this topic

If i read this correct money had exchanged hands and the sale was agreed on. time payments. It is then an enforcable contract and a legally binding contract . The buyer could sue . Now were talking about a comic book ( but alot of cash) . this happens in the real estate market. you put a down payment on a house and the seller gets a better offer. He cant just tell you forget it and sell to the new buyer . But it does happen and these thing wind up in court. the seller usually loses as it is a binding contract ( agreement , money changed hands etc).

I still want to hear the sellers and new buyers side. would be beneficial to them .but If all happens as said the buyer was majorly screwed. The seller should be ashamed of himself. and if the new buyer knew he should also be ashamed and sell the book to the original buyer for what he was going to pay and take any lose since he probally paid more as a lesson. ( only if he undercut the guy). Thats his punishment. the Seller should be known to the board as thats his punsihment. losing future customers.

I would personally have less issue if it was just a "ok I will sell you the book" and the next day the seller says "forget it" BUT money changed hands here. Basic contract law. Basic integrity.

(The preceding is only MY opinion)

Edited by spidrvacc

we have to remember there are 2 sides to every story... and, as someone mentioned, not everyone is on the boards every day, etc... and I am not saying, by any means, that the original thread starter (or intended thread started) didn't get screwed, etc, but until the guilty is tried and judged, they need to have a say, right (shrug)

and just so everyone knows, I only know, what you all know...

I agree on this case, we need the seller's version of events

Unless the buyer is out and out lying what story could the seller come up with that would justify his course of action?

Price was met.

Book appeared to be off the market.

First payment made.

Seller was contacted that book would be paid for in full slighly ahead of schedule.

If i read this correct money had exchanged hands and the sale was agreed on. time payments. It is then an enforcable contract and a legally binding contract . The buyer could sue . Now were talking about a comic book ( but alot of cash) . this happens in the real estate market. you put a down payment on a house and the seller gets a better offer. He cant just tell you forget it and sell to the new buyer . But it does happen and these thing wind up in court. the seller usually loses as it is a binding contract ( agreement , money changed hands etc).

I still want to hear the sellers and new buyers side. would be beneficial to them .but If all happens as said the buyer was majorly screwed. The seller should be ashamed of himself. and if the new buyer knew he should also be ashamed and sell the book to the original buyer for what he was going to pay and take any lose since he probally paid more as a lesson. ( only if he undercut the guy). Thats his punishment. the Seller should be known to the board as thats his punsihment. losing future customers.

I would personally have less issue if it was just a "ok I will sell you the book" and the next day the seller says "forget it" BUT money changed hands here. Basic contract law. Basic integrity.

(The preceding is only MY opinion)

(thumbs u

we have to remember there are 2 sides to every story... and, as someone mentioned, not everyone is on the boards every day, etc... and I am not saying, by any means, that the original thread starter (or intended thread started) didn't get screwed, etc, but until the guilty is tried and judged, they need to have a say, right (shrug)

and just so everyone knows, I only know, what you all know...

I agree on this case, we need the seller's version of events

Yes we do.

However, his silence is speaking volumes right now.

He is aware of this thread. The buyer took the book from his sig line, and either he did so at the instigation of the seller, or he at least warned the seller that there was an issue. I cannot believe for a minute that he would take it down under his own steam and not tell the seller.

Now, if I was being publicly hauled over the coals for something that I had an entirely innocent explanation for, I'd be on this thread like Danny on Jessica Alba. This thread would not have got to page two without me chiming in.

And if he does have an explanation, why wait? Why allow his rep to slowly swirl further and further down the pan if he's done nothing wrong?

I'm not saying that this is the case here, but our usual experience in these circumstances is that time is taken to either ignore the problem and hope it goes away, or put time into concocting a convulted excuse with holes you could drive a bus through.

Just sayin'...

Wow this board has become "As The World Turns". ( I type as I read through 23 pages of post)

Like sand through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives...........

Well we are Young and Restless

Holy smokes. Last night when I first read this, I missed the part about a first payment made. :tonofbricks:

Forget my earlier post(s) on Pg. 1.

I would have never made those comments knowing this. My fault for missing it.

Yeah, I'd be pretty pizzed if I was Dan's buddy.

I'm not saying that this is the case here, but our usual experience in these circumstances is that time is taken to either ignore the problem and hope it goes away, or put time into concocting a convulted excuse with holes you could drive a bus through.

Just sayin'...

But that never happens around here, does it?

DRX

OK well i really have to go to work right now so ill say some further stuff that happened real quick.

The new buyer sent me a PM saying he bought the book on the 18th and he was unaware of what was going on and he's sorry, Now i want to believe him and im trying but, the book appeared in his sig line up yesterday and thats 1 day after i was told theres something wrong with the book hmmmmm. Then i am told he paid $1500 for the book when i was paying $1600. So it appears either everyone thinks im very stupid or the seller just doesnt like money.I just checked all my PM's with the seller and talked with him originally on the i think 7th or 8th, and had the first payment on the 11th and within less than a week from that had the remainder of the balance.

There is absolutly no way I did anything wrong and I will be 10000% shocked if the seller can accuse me of anything exept being extremly exited about anything that has happened between us.

I will be home at 5 today i wish i could see whats gonna happen now but i cant, I will say who he is when i get back thanks

Just a thought.

If I sell a book to someone,I always leave the money in my Paypal account.If there is a problem or the buyer wants to return the book,I can hit the refund money button on Paypal and the money is returned within minutes not days.

Why the *#@@ do you have to wait so long to get your down payment back.

2c

Unless the buyer is out and out lying what story could the seller come up with that would justify his course of action?

Price was met.

First payment made.

Seller was contacted that book would be paid for in full slighly ahead of schedule.

would really like to hear who the seller is (remember, I believe someone in origin stated this was a well thought of, reputable boardie, right?...seems out of character based on that general description, but anything is possible) and what the sellers POV was?

until then, I personally will refrain from any speculation and damnation (though it might be coming if warranted!), and I simply encouraged others to do the same

OK well i really have to go to work right now so ill say some further stuff that happened real quick.

The new buyer sent me a PM saying he bought the book on the 18th and he was unaware of what was going on and he's sorry, Now i want to believe him and im trying but, the book appeared in his sig line up yesterday and thats 1 day after i was told theres something wrong with the book hmmmmm. Then i am told he paid $1500 for the book when i was paying $1600. So it appears either everyone thinks im very stupid or the seller just doesnt like money.I just checked all my PM's with the seller and talked with him originally on the i think 7th or 8th, and had the first payment on the 11th and within less than a week from that had the remainder of the balance.

There is absolutly no way I did anything wrong and I will be 10000% shocked if the seller can accuse me of anything exept being extremly exited about anything that has happened between us.

I will be home at 5 today i wish i could see whats gonna happen now but i cant, I will say who he is when i get back thanks

more food for thought...and a new twist...wow

Wow this board has become "As The World Turns". ( I type as I read through 23 pages of post)

Like sand through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives...........

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. These are "The Days Of The Week".

if you name the seller before/if he posts, could you post PM conversations as well

But I agree it does seem odd

Price was met.

First payment made.

would really like to hear who the seller is (remember, I believe someone in origin stated this was a well thought of, reputable boardie, right?...seems out of character based on that general description, but anything is possible) and what the sellers POV was?

until then, I personally will refrain from any speculation and damnation (though it might be coming if warranted!), and I simply encouraged others to do the same

If it's the seller we are all assuming, I'm not sure the reputation is exactly as pure as the driven snow like yours :foryou:

Jim