• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major transaction let-down. Need advice!
3 3

1,251 posts in this topic

And im sorry if everyones getting mad at me everyones telling me to wait 24hrs cause its the right thing to do, so being kinda new i figured i should respect that. Id love to tell the whole world how mad he made me so.....

Wait 24 hours - it's only fair that the seller gets a chance to tell his side of the story (before the lynching begins in earnest).

And im sorry if everyones getting mad at me everyones telling me to wait 24hrs cause its the right thing to do, so being kinda new i figured i should respect that. Id love to tell the whole world how mad he made me so.....

Wait 24 hours - it's only fair that the seller gets a chance to tell his side of the story (before the lynching begins in earnest).

OK id love to do it now but i want to be fair (even though he wasnt with me)

OK OK it was me i had a deal with someone (un named at the time) and had originally gave a $500 deposit and within almost a week wanted to meet in person to get the book, if that couldnt be done i would have paypal the rest (we said it would be cool to meet in person). I have reponded many times to the seller in wich im ignored again he said "quote actually saw stuff on the book that wouldnt give it the grade I expected so I didnt want to hold your money and I issued a refund right away, I am sorry but Ill explain more another day, I am dead tired right now."

I responded with i dont care i want it anyway and if it were money we could make it work. Never did i beat him up about price at all he told me a price i agreed. This happened last night, I come home today and see the book it someones sig pictures (Yes im 100% sure its the book).

I was nervous to come out and say all this and being good friends with Dan he started the thread, Im also new so i was nervous people would not believe me over a reputable person on the boards

Im just really pissed this book ment alot to me to owne something like this and maybe its weird but it gives me a crappy feeling in my stomach ( ive barely slept for 2 weeks waiting to get this book i know im weird but lol)

thanks for all the advice i greatly apreciate it

To be honest, TheDanimal really isn't that reputable here.

Andy 2c

j/k.... hm

FT is right, for the guy who had the book in his sig (i think i know this person) and took it down.......man, it sure would be nice if he'd chime in with something. I know if it were me and I found out about this, I would not only be contacting the seller, i'd be front and center on these boards telling everyone that I was going to try and help fix the problem even if I wasn't the one who caused it.

Oh the drama and shady dealings. It's becoming a daily occurrence. :( It makes me think of a Cameron Poe line "There's 2 men in this world I trust, one of 'em's me, the other's not you". OR, Jack Nicholson, "who can you trust, who can you trust?"

FT is right, for the guy who had the book in his sig (i think i know this person) and took it down.......man, it sure would be nice if he'd chime in with something. I know if it were me and I found out about this, I would not only be contacting the seller, i'd be front and center on these boards telling everyone that I was going to try and help fix the problem even if I wasn't the one who caused it.

Oh the drama and shady dealings. It's becoming a daily occurrence. :( It makes me think of a Cameron Poe line "There's 2 men in this world I trust, one of 'em's me, the other's not you". OR, Jack Nicholson, "who can you trust, who can you trust?"

I agree 100% I guess the real issue for me is i work very hard and i dont have tons of money, meaning i cant buy another one if its 5k cause i just dont have it. But dont get me wrong i have spent that on books but here and there,like alot of these books there hard to find and expensive so when i thought i had a shot at one i was beside myself. so thats what bugs me the most cause i dont think im gonna have many options at these again.

At this point it might be best to say whether or not it is Yannis. If it isn't him people may start going after him when he didn't do anything wrong based on the post.