• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major transaction let-down. Need advice!
3 3

1,251 posts in this topic

I just wanted to notify everyone that a personal pm to Matt with a full explanation has been sent. I apologize but I dont alway have the time these days to be on the threads every day of the minute. I am very sorry about this situation but I had some serious family issues to deal (and although I cannot get into detail here- it includes death) so before fingers get pointed I believe a personal matter should be handled by the parties involved first. Then it can be spoken of here. In the meantime I have to go now and will be awaiting Matts response later on tonight. Thank you everyone

You realize you ruined the build up of anticipation :taptaptap: That being said, συλλυπητήρια :foryou:

I just wanted to notify everyone that a personal pm to Matt with a full explanation has been sent. I apologize but I dont alway have the time these days to be on the threads every day of the minute. I am very sorry about this situation but I had some serious family issues to deal (and although I cannot get into detail here- it includes death) so before fingers get pointed I believe a personal matter should be handled by the parties involved first. Then it can be spoken of here. In the meantime I have to go now and will be awaiting Matts response later on tonight. Thank you everyone

there it is....

Edited by bullseye

(thumbs u

I find it very disturbing that the buyer is aware of this thread but has been quiet until now. I don't want to throw anyone under the moped until we've heard both sides but it suggests that the buyer is giving the seller time to concoct a story.

If the buyer really is the person it's implied to be, it's someone who has posted like gangbusters since joining up. Curiously, he hasn't posted today hm

I just read that the original seller has contacted the original buyer so hopefully everything works out for the best.

However, I would like to say that from everything I have gathered over the past few months, "Bat-Man" seems like a great guy. I hate to speculate as no one besides the seller and the eventual buyer know the details for sure, but I for one can vouch for "Bat-Man" as he, to the best of my knowledge, seems to be nothing but a stand-up guy.

I highly doubt that he had any knowledge of this transaction issue as he wouldn't have likely posted the book in his sig had he known the issue at hand. And again from my experience, he seems to honest to knowingly participate in a transaction that would upset another valued board member.

I also (to a lesser extent) am familiar with Dan (the original poster) and he too seems like a great guy as well. I would imagine that the friend he posted for must be a good guy to (just making assumptions by association).

Hopefully this will all get worked out for the best.

:winnah:

While I certainly sympathize if there was a death in the family or of a close friend, I still wouldn't put up that :winnah: sign.

Andy 2c

:winnah:

While I certainly sympathize if there was a death in the family or of a close friend, I still wouldn't put up that :winnah: sign.

Andy 2c

:whistle:

A death in the family can certainly hurt you ability to be on the boards check PMs etc, I lost my Mom Jan 1 so I know what the seller may be dealing with .That being said..

I still would not renegg and sell the book to someone else. for more money if that is in fact what happened.A deal is a deal.We all have tragedys that make us unable to get the computer as much as we would like but the sellers death in the family or whatever he has going on should not stop him from completing the sale

I am not insensitive or trying to downplay the sellers situation but I can understand the buyers point of view..

Sorry for the sellers loss..

A deal is a deal 2c

Well i dont know what to say everyone knows who it is so i dont have to say that part, I guess i got screwed out of a book. There def no explaination for what he did to me but what can i do? Nothing i guess. Batman got the book, there friends, hes going through some stuff. I did put the deposit first he thought i would not pay (even though i had the money a week before batman hmmmmmmm). If the book wasnt a book i really wanted this thread would not exist but again what can i do.