• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major transaction let-down. Need advice!
3 3

1,251 posts in this topic

Well i dont know what to say everyone knows who it is so i dont have to say that part, I guess i got screwed out of a book. There def no explaination for what he did to me but what can i do? Nothing i guess. Batman got the book, there friends, hes going through some stuff. I did put the deposit first he thought i would not pay (even though i had the money a week before batman hmmmmmmm). If the book wasnt a book i really wanted this thread would not exist but again what can i do.

Why did he say the book was more damaged than he thought?

I believe the book cgc'd a .5 vs the 2.5 he stated, though that might be a diff tec 37 he is talking about (shrug)

It was never a 2.5 to begin with

I thought in one of matt's first posts, he said it was sold to him as a 2.5 (shrug)

You're right, just another case of a raw book being overgraded

Well i dont know what to say everyone knows who it is so i dont have to say that part, I guess i got screwed out of a book. There def no explaination for what he did to me but what can i do? Nothing i guess. Batman got the book, there friends, hes going through some stuff. I did put the deposit first he thought i would not pay (even though i had the money a week before batman hmmmmmmm). If the book wasnt a book i really wanted this thread would not exist but again what can i do.

I believe the book cgc'd a .5 vs the 2.5 he stated, though that might be a diff tec 37 he is talking about (shrug)

I thought in one of matt's first posts, he said it was sold to him as a 2.5 (shrug)

(thumbs u

You got screwed, plain and simple. With sympathy to the seller for the tragic recent events I really don't understand how one affects the other in this scenario.

Yeah, think about it. It wasn't like the whole thing forced him to shut down his comic selling operation. It only caused him to shift his comic selling operation from Matt to Bat-Man. :P

Didn't you at one point own this book too?

Didn't you at one point own this book too?

Rick may have, not me, I sold my 2.5 still in its slab

You got screwed, plain and simple. With sympathy to the seller for the tragic recent events I really don't understand how one affects the other in this scenario.

Yeah, think about it. It wasn't like the whole thing forced him to shut down his comic selling operation. It only caused him to shift his comic selling operation from Matt to Bat-Man. :P

:applause::applause:

Right, it's like when my TV broke. My TV broke so I had to buy a microwave because how else was I'm going to use that electricity. Wait, what?

:applause::applause:

Didn't think of that! I'm pretty slow these days lol That would be an awesome question the Yannis

This one? It wasn't CGC'd when it was on Ebay and that was during this whole transaction..

http://cgi.ebay.com/DETECTIVE-COMICS-37-Batman-Unrestored-2-5-1940_W0QQitemZ320515827203QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4aa03b6603

:shrug:

In any case, my sympathies to anyone who lost a loved one...but 2 and 2 are making 12 here.

I just really wanted the book even if it wernt a 2.5 but anyways theres no exuse at all plain and simple. I hate to do this but i have to run out again ill be back on tonight to explain more , but i have people yelling at me right now to go so.... lol

I just really wanted the book even if it wernt a 2.5 but anyways theres no exuse at all plain and simple. I hate to do this but i have to run out again ill be back on tonight to explain more , but i have people yelling at me right now to go so.... lol

I have a feeling this thread will keep on keeping on . . .

I have a feeling this thread will keep on keeping on . . .

another never ending thread lol

O and BTW i am not mad at batman i assume he didnt know and ive talked to him before and he seems like a good person

The seller said he had a personal P.M. with you, I assume to explain the situation. Mind telling us what the explaination was. Alot of boardies would like to hear it I'm sure.

DRX

It was just that he thought i would not pay after the deposit ( well i dont give $500 to just anybody but...) I had the money within a few days of the deposit well befor batman said he bought the book so yes i got screwed.

That's it???

He had your downpayment and you still had lots of time to complete the deal. Explanation makes absolutely zero sense. Would love to know how much Bat-Man paid for the book. This stinks like a leaking toilet.

Sorry all of this happened to you on a grail book.

I have bought and sold many books on the boards and so far every single person I have dealt with has been above and beyond nice.

Edited by Arcade

I just read all of this. Now that's dediction.

Isn't that you just being late to the party again?

I'm late for everything this week :cry: