• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major transaction let-down. Need advice!
3 3

1,251 posts in this topic

So you dont want to tell the rest of us who have endured this thread why you pulled this book from the guy??

I do not understand that ..

Wow ..looks like we all get a mulligan before we suffer an sanctions for our actions..

Wow I guess so.

So you dont want to tell the rest of us who have endured this thread why you pulled this book from the guy??

I do not understand that ..

Wow ..looks like we all get a mulligan before we suffer an sanctions for our actions..

Personally, I applaud Yannis for not offering any excuses. What possible reason could there be? He broke the deal, he admits it, the comic is in other hands, the end.

I kinda appreciate that this didn't deteriorate into threats of convention beatings and sob stories about phantom disabled brethren.

I don't think he needs to be on the probation list as Matt got his money back.

Seems like this thread is punishment enough if you ask me.

You should put him on the probation list. Enough boardies would be on your side.

So what's the harm when a buyer decides not to pay for a book? No harm no foul?

From what I got so far from this thread is that both had an agreement and the seller didn't keep his end of the bargain. In your first post you mentioned Matt worked overtime and sold books locally to come up with the additional funds just to find out the seller sold the book he was raising money to pay off???....sorry that's not acceptable in my book.

I have no horse in this race but it seems that the seller needs to make good with the buyer somehow. The probation list is in place to protect both sellers and buyers..

Ya it bums me out that i sold books and busted my but i guess you live and learn (although im not sure what i leared here lol)

You should put him on the probation list. Enough boardies would be on your side.

even though I don't believe this transaction ended the way matt would have liked, the transaction has ended... maybe matt is just a bigger person than others that want yannis on the probation thread or maybe matt will decide to request to put yannis on it... in any event, my guess is from their posts, that he has heard enough from me and you and the grandstand (thumbs u

I do hope that this situation won't discourage Matt from collecting GA comics. It is a great hobby and I love to see young guys hearing the call.

Agreed. But this is enough for folks to think it's a small club and if you ain't in it, you're going to get goofed.

Dan

I do hope that this situation won't discourage Matt from collecting GA comics. It is a great hobby and I love to see young guys hearing the call.

Start selling me some GA at drastically low prices and I'll answer. :baiting:

Agreed. But this is enough for folks to think it's a small club and if you ain't in it, you're going to get goofed.

Dan

The club is not that small and getting bigger every day.

(thumbs u

Dan

I hope i can join lol

To the people that know me throughout all the time I have been on here , I have responded to all the pms to clear things up, since the people I have dealt with over and over agin deserve an explanation, they were nice enough to ask me whats up and not come on here and start gossip. My mistake was for Matts ears and his alone, I have made past mistakes, such as posting something on a thread I wasnt suppose to and I made a public apology. So I will do so here as well. Please don not drag innocent people into this next time cause that is wrong, and before all this gossip starts the parties should always get in touch first prior to what should be said here. A private resolution should always be the first option.

True, but based on what I have read here the lack of response from you was why it became public in the first place. I am sorry to hear about the problems in your personal life and understand that it is a difficult time, but if you did not want this to happen then you should have responded to the buyer before he had no other option than to go public.

I just want to say thanks to everybody for helping i greatly appreciate it

I just want to say "tell us WTF you agreed upon TO THE LETTER"

You took it to the people and now the people want to hear the conclusion. You can't just use us for your own satisfaction and leave us hanging.

That's not how a community works.

As far as I'm concerned you are both on my probation list until time stands still if you don't cough up the details. Don't bother buying from me, nor will I buy from you.

I'm happy that you came to an S & M type happy conclusion but someone give me my time back for 70 pages of selling research wasted by members agreeing in private that they aren't despicable to try to escape being put on the probation list in the end.

To the people that know me throughout all the time I have been on here , I have responded to all the pms to clear things up, since the people I have dealt with over and over agin deserve an explanation, they were nice enough to ask me whats up and not come on here and start gossip. My mistake was for Matts ears and his alone, I have made past mistakes, such as posting something on a thread I wasnt suppose to and I made a public apology. So I will do so here as well. Please don not drag innocent people into this next time cause that is wrong, and before all this gossip starts the parties should always get in touch first prior to what should be said here. A private resolution should always be the first option.

Apparently, it was the option chosen by mt1000. Of course, you ignoring his PMs prior to this thread kinda rendered that option useless, did it not?

You, sir, are the TFL of sellers.

You took it to the people and now the people want to hear the conclusion. You can't just use us for your own satisfaction and leave us hanging.

As far as I'm concerned you are both on my probation list until time stands still if you don't cough up the details. Don't bother buying from me, nor will I buy from you.

I'm happy that you came to an S & M type happy conclusion but someone give me my time back for 70 pages of selling research wasted by members agreeing in private that they aren't despicable to try to escape being put on the probation list in the end.

You my friend need to chill out maybe go back and read it again cause you apparently missed alot, i said time and time again i got screwed and theres nothin i can do, i dont have the book and never will what more do you want?????

As far as putting me on the probation list seriously grow up and dont worry i wont buy from you and you can do the same from me. I didnt make the resolution private at all

i have only made a couple purchases off of this board. they have been great deals and have made me appreciate this board. that said. if deals can be made and then broken at will with no punishment where does it end? maybe 99% of the people here are stand up. after all of this i will be leary. seems you make a deal then simply crawfish and shoot that deal in the ars and that is fine? im new here someone please explain to me how some shady back door like this can even be considered ok? can be considered ok by anyone on these boards? hell i can get nasty deals dirty sellers and people looking to screw me on ebay.

Damn dude, that's pretty harsh. I can understand that you want a solid denouement, but it wasn't your money, and if the the aggrieved party (Matt) wants to let it drop, so be it. No one held a gun to your head and made you read this thread in its entirety; you aren't owed the transaction's final details. The publicly posted gist of it is that Matt's not happy and will probably never deal with the seller again. Do you really need to see screencaps of private messages to sleep at night?

I agree that there were some shady goings-on, but I don't need, or want, to see every dirty detail. From the information posted, I've determined that time payments with Yannis are a terrible idea, and that if I see a pre-Robin 'Tec I'll keep Matt in mind.

What other reason for more information is required, other than schadenfreude?

Damn dude, that's pretty harsh. I can understand that you want a solid denouement, but it wasn't your money, and if the the aggrieved party (Matt) wants to let it drop, so be it. No one held a gun to your head and made you read this thread in its entirety; you aren't owed the transaction's final details. The publicly posted gist of it is that Matt's not happy and will probably never deal with the seller again. Do you really need to see screencaps of private messages to sleep at night?

I agree that there were some shady goings-on, but I don't need, or want, to see every dirty detail. From the information posted, I've determined that time payments with Yannis are a terrible idea, and that if I see a pre-Robin 'Tec I'll keep Matt in mind.

What other reason for more information is required, other than schadenfreude?

Thank you i dont feel i left anything out if all you guys think that well let me know, but there is no me and Yannis best friend situation now trust me im pissed but what can i do besides make people aware. The PM's between me and him are stating he had a family emergency and sold the book to someone else nothing else. I have nothing to hide and i wasnt being like screw you guys im not telling anyone anything, i made it perfectly clear i thought. And ya no one told you to read this so.......