• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major transaction let-down. Need advice!
3 3

1,251 posts in this topic

I agree that the probation thread is applicable to this situation. I feel sympathy for Yannis for whatever his personal situation is but it doesn't seem to be any kind of excuse for what happened. If he had a valid excuse for not completing his transaction with Matt, then he shouldn't have been able to sell it to anyone.

Oh, and a couple of people have been real jerks toward Matt. Matt has handled the situation well, we need more like him. He's alerted the forum to a bad seller and while I think Yannis should be put on probation, it's Matt's call.

I agree that the probation thread is applicable to this situation. I feel sympathy for Yannis for whatever his personal situation is but it doesn't seem to be any kind of excuse for what happened. If he had a valid excuse for not completing his transaction with Matt, then he shouldn't have been able to sell it to anyone.

Oh, and a couple of people have been real jerks toward Matt. Matt has handled the situation well, we need more like him. He's alerted the forum to a bad seller and while I think Yannis should be put on probation, it's Matt's call.

+1

This thread still going on??!! zzz

I'm loving the whole blame the victim twist!

Subliminal, congrats on being man enough to put the kid on your Personal Double-Secret Probation List because you didn't get to hear enough of his tale.

I know right...Why are people so quick to be like that over the internet and say things they wouldn't say in person? Imagine a meeting a boardie at a convention and having him say to your face, "by the way, I don't like how you handled that one thread online, so I'm not going to sell or buy from you..EVER."

I'd be like, "ummmm okkkk..good for you buddy!"

Im glad to hear Matt say Alex, "Bat-Man" was not aware of the prior sale. That is a relief since I have shared some friendly PMs with the guy and I would have hated to think he was someone who would knowingly undercut another buyer.

I also want to go on the record, that I was not one of the ones making implications that his silence on this matter was an admission of guilt. Sometimes people just get floored by events, dont know how to respond, and choose to sit things out a bit to contemplate the best course of action.

Alex has a real love for the hobby, and I enjoy his posts. I look forward to hearing from him soon on these boards.

Matt has some great friends in Danimal and loving the Surfer. It seems like he found some new ones here on the boards.

I too have put Matts quest for an affordable pre-Robin TEC in my list of Comic Hunts.

I just want to say thanks to everybody for helping i greatly appreciate it

I just want to say "tell us WTF you agreed upon TO THE LETTER"

You took it to the people and now the people want to hear the conclusion. You can't just use us for your own satisfaction and leave us hanging.

That's not how a community works.

As far as I'm concerned you are both on my probation list until time stands still if you don't cough up the details. Don't bother buying from me, nor will I buy from you.

I'm happy that you came to an S & M type happy conclusion but someone give me my time back for 70 pages of selling research wasted by members agreeing in private that they aren't despicable to try to escape being put on the probation list in the end.

You my friend need to chill out maybe go back and read it again cause you apparently missed alot, i said time and time again i got screwed and theres nothin i can do, i dont have the book and never will what more do you want?????

As far as putting me on the probation list seriously grow up and dont worry i wont buy from you and you can do the same from me. I didnt make the resolution private at all

You made the resolution private by not making it public, and from the way you have worded it you had no say in the resolution either and that is sad.

BTW, don't worry because you're on my private probation list, not the forum one. (and I don't own any 'Tec 37"'s either.)

It's too bad you can't get this angry at the seller because you do need to grow some if you want buy here or you are going to find more of your purchases walking away from you (but not from me)

Night Matt boy :)

That's a great attitude to have (thumbs u What is the Matt supposed to do? Can he get the book? No. Why slam the guy he did nothing wrong. He said there is no resolution he got screwed. What else do you want? Stop acting like a jerk, there is nothing he can do. When have you sold here? I don't think he's going to miss out on to much.

He brought it to the people and now it is an issue for everyone who participates in the sales forum as buyer and seller. Everyone agrees he is being victimized and I'm giving him some tough love that he needs. He needs to man up and you need to stop bending over beside him.

Now you have gone from this is vile to its OK to deal with this seller without any info and we are suppose to be ok with this because the victim says I give up?

We deserve to know the details to make our own decisions regardless of whether he or you say the case is closed.

Why can't he tell us what Yannis said he felt was an agreeable conclusion even if it was squat because he knew Matt would roll over?

Are you one of the PM privy ones so its good enough for you to know but not the rest of us?

I'm happy that you are satisfied but I like to draw my own conclusions not just the ones made behind closed doors.

Wanting to see justice served in transactions here, even if it means the seller will find another book or give a discount for making a mistake, is important to me if this is to be a healthy sales community.

As far as I'm concerned that's a great attitude to have (thumbs u even if you don't share it.

Self-righteous much?

Sorry..I agree with subliminal on this one..This was brought to a public forum and WHY the guy who got screwed out of the book should be public . So buyer pizz and moans ,or his friend does, then we want details and WE are the bad guys here? I think not..

When someone yanks a book after a deposit was made is wrong and no excuse would be acceptable IMO. And 8 mile..I did read this entire thread and there is no explanation.Funny how you were the guy with the lynching rope( and POLL I might add) but now have changed your tune all of a sudden?

As far as the buyer saying "there is nothing I can do" thats a bunch of hogwash.You can put his azz up for Hall of shame induction as he should be .. I read the long thread about the guy with the Avengers scans etc ,etc...What makes him any different then this situation? All boardies were ready to hang this guy and most did.What if this guy would have come out on the boards and said "its a private matter" .. Even though it is in a public forum

No way that excuse flies either..Wrong is wrong ..

What is this? The fraggin' Da Vinci Code? It's not that complicated. Yannis did something not cool. That much is clear. Now choose to buy from him or not. WTF is the disconnect here? Like a bunch of yentas. Move on.

edit:

W/O more info I can't say if I would put Yannis on the Probie list or not. What I do know is that w/o more info, there's no way I would ever buy from him simply on principle.

Edited by hockey&comicsguy

I love it. The blame has now circled around to the victim. doh! You guys really take the cake. :eyeroll:

+1

Isn't this a little like saying the raped woman "was asking for it" ?

I think the point is the buyer or NON buyer in this case needs to do something instead of blowing it off..Hall of Shame perhaps for the seller or NON seller?

I understand this point of view. I think the problem here is if Yannis were put on the list, there isn't a way for him to make good and be removed from the list. I believe people on the list can get removed by rectifying their situation, but how would this situation be rectified?

Don't get me wrong; Yannis is absolutely at fault. I just don't know what the answer is here?

I'm going to throw this out- maybe some small monetary compensation to the victim for all of his wasted time?

And if he can't make it good then he deserves to stay there. Sorry, but we do not have a negative feedback option like eBay, all we have is the probation list.

I love it. The blame has now circled around to the victim. doh! You guys really take the cake. :eyeroll:

what does that say about us???

Disappointed CAL

what does that say about us???

Disappointed CAL

Not us, just some self righteous troll who thinks he has the right to know everything! Funnest part is that if he read the who thread he would of got the answer. Matt, not everyone feels the way Subliminal does, pay him no mind.

What a thread this turned out to be. I'm a friend of Yannis and I have to admit that yes he did the wrong thing here by not completing the sale with Matt. Once a deposit or payment has been made and agreed upon, then the book should no longer be for sale. It's a done deal. I'm sorry that Matt wasn't able to get the book he saved up for, but I'm sure in time he would have the chance for another copy. Having been lucky to own 2 copies of the book, I think he will get it and I too will help him find the right copy for him.

I also do not think that Yannis deserves to be in the probation thread as he didn't keep Matt's deposit nor cursed anyone on the boards. I believe the probation thread is for more bigger and serious things.

Matt doesn't know his way around these boards but I'll direct him to the probation thread. The more I look at this, the more I think that it's deserved. If not for this kind of problem than what is the probation thread good for? So i'm starting to see that point.

Yes, I think it's appropriate, and in the best interests of the community. If the seller had personal issues, perhaps his judgement was clouded, but that gives nobody the right to abandon ethics and fairness. He reneged on a done deal, with absolutely no hint that the buyer was going to default. That's about as bad as it gets for a seller's rep.

Seriously, if Comicsupply or some other past notorious character on here had done this, they wouldn't only be on the probation list and hall of shame, but the calls for their banning would be deafening.

I also do not think that Yannis deserves to be in the probation thread as he didn't keep Matt's deposit nor cursed anyone on the boards. I believe the probation thread is for more bigger and serious things.

You are 100% wrong on this. He should be in the hall of shame.

This thread makes the Baby Jesus cry. I'm lost.

Can somebody please give me a very simple (becuz I iz a simpleton) summary?

John sold the book that Matt was making payments on to Alex.

Yes, I think it's appropriate, and in the best interests of the community. If the seller had personal issues, perhaps his judgement was clouded, but that gives nobody the right to abandon ethics and fairness. He reneged on a done deal, with absolutely no hint that the buyer was going to default. That's about as bad as it gets for a seller's rep.

Seriously, if Comicsupply or some other past notorious character on here had done this, they wouldn't only be on the probation list and hall of shame, but the calls for their banning would be deafening.

This.

Not trying to pick a fight, but I did notice you've been beating the drum an awful lot in this thread. I take it you now understand why there is so much anger here towards Russ/ComicSupply... whose transgressions were far more numerous, and who wasn't in the habit of reimbursing his buyers without sustained pressure ?

Just sayin'. :whistle:

Not trying to pick a fight, but I did notice you've been beating the drum an awful lot in this thread. I take it you now understand why there is so much anger here towards Russ/ComicSupply... whose transgressions were far more numerous, and who wasn't in the habit of reimbursing his buyers without sustained pressure ?

I have decided to stay out of anything that has to do with that subject. I feel thats the best way to handle it. He is my friend and I know he wronged people and I get torn so I feel the best way is to stay out of the subject. :) Yes I understand.

I got sick of need this all the time.

633801847724396865-flameshield.jpg

Edited by 8milemax

What a thread this turned out to be. I'm a friend of Yannis and I have to admit that yes he did the wrong thing here by not completing the sale with Matt. Once a deposit or payment has been made and agreed upon, then the book should no longer be for sale. It's a done deal. I'm sorry that Matt wasn't able to get the book he saved up for, but I'm sure in time he would have the chance for another copy. Having been lucky to own 2 copies of the book, I think he will get it and I too will help him find the right copy for him.

I disagree and feel the probation thread is for exactly this.

If I posted an "I'll take it" but then found out my friend would sell me the same book, so I didn't make the purchase I would rightfully be put on the list even though the seller didn't actually lose anything.

It should protect buyers in the same way. The buyer not only agreed to the deal, but sent a substantial payment along with agreeing to a relatively short period for time payments. The seller - after getting the money - later decided for some reason the buyer is a flake and never even offered to sell him the book if he could pay promptly.

Buyers deserved to be warned by something like the probation list so they can decide whether these are the kinds of people they would like to be buying from.

This thread makes the Baby Jesus cry. I'm lost.

Can somebody please give me a very simple (becuz I iz a simpleton) summary?

John sold the book that Matt was making payments on to Alex.

Well, that just sucks.

I'm assume John just screwed up, and has promptly (1) refunded Matt's money (perhaps with something a little extra for the screw up) (2) apologized profusely to Matt and (3) cleared Alex of any wrongdoing?

I have decided to stay out of anything that has to do with that subject. I feel thats the best way to handle it. He is my friend and I know he wronged people and I get torn so I feel the best way is to stay out of the subject. :) Yes I understand.

I got sick of need this all the time.

Yep, I hear you... OK, fair enough. :)