• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Changes to Probation List and Hall Of SHame List

170 posts in this topic

OK - To sum up:

First, I have to wonder how many of the voters were unaware of previous infractions the way I was unaware. Some people have expressed surprise that Frank was Shark. Some were surprised (including me) at the descriptions of the now gone Shark posts.

When sitting back and looking at it as a whole, the HOS is a good place for Frank, which I admitted after learning the backgrounds.

But the fact that people were unaware of the real backstory is troubling. It is not so much a case of "the end justifies the means" as much as it is a case of "I didn't know they actually found the knife in his possession but voted guilty anyway. But see? They found the knife so my vote was right."

My Initial Suggestion

I really like the idea of a new SUBFORUM called Probation/HOS or similar where people can go and post a Username as a new Topic, it gets discussed there and if the accused is put on the list, just a simple link to that particular thread would suffice to reveal all. The PROBATION LIST and PROBATION DISCUSSION threads are a real mess. This would make it much easier to track things and retain a history that is usable and reference-able.

Might as well add a stipulation to the HOS that any "twattery" will not be tolerated.
That's implied . . . ;)

define "twattery"

define "implied"

:hi:

Judge: "Son, you are charged with implied twattery. How do you plead?" :sumo:

Defendant: :insane: :insane: :insane:

I just came upon this thread. Too much to read. Can someone sum it up for me?

Yeah. The OP is :screwy:

:roflmao:

Pov, you are what they call a "keeper"

Yup. Keeper chained in the basement so the neighbors don't see.

John Waters. Pink Flamingos. 1972. Nothing more need be said.

OK - To sum up:

First, I have to wonder how many of the voters were unaware of previous infractions the way I was unaware. Some people have expressed surprise that Frank was Shark. Some were surprised (including me) at the descriptions of the now gone Shark posts.

When sitting back and looking at it as a whole, the HOS is a good place for Frank, which I admitted after learning the backgrounds.

But the fact that people were unaware of the real backstory is troubling. It is not so much a case of "the end justifies the means" as much as it is a case of "I didn't know they actually found the knife in his possession but voted guilty anyway. But see? They found the knife so my vote was right."

My Initial Suggestion

I really like the idea of a new SUBFORUM called Probation/HOS or similar where people can go and post a Username as a new Topic, it gets discussed there and if the accused is put on the list, just a simple link to that particular thread would suffice to reveal all. The PROBATION LIST and PROBATION DISCUSSION threads are a real mess. This would make it much easier to track things and retain a history that is usable and reference-able.

Not a bad suggestion Pov, but I don't think the Mods wish to condone our "behavior" in any way . . .

"Gambling in this establishment??? I'm shocked and dismayed!"

lol

Might as well add a stipulation to the HOS that any "twattery" will not be tolerated.
That's implied . . . ;)

There would be no one left here at all if twattery was not tolerated. :P

OK - To sum up:

My Initial Suggestion

Not a bad suggestion Pov, but I don't think the Mods wish to condone our "behavior" in any way . . .

"Gambling in this establishment??? I'm shocked and dismayed!"

lol

Well check out this post:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3267425#Post3267425

Arch made and defined the Probation Discussion thread so it at least sounds like the Mods would be OK with the concept.

How is this a fact, though? From reading through this thread it actually seems like most people were aware of Frank's previous infractions - you weren't, but there's nothing to suggest that the people who voted for him to be in the HoS were mis-informed in any way. Either they knew about him from the Muscleshark days & this was just the last straw - or they felt that his most recent actions were enough to warrant a spot in the Hall of Shame (which I don't disagree with).

Sounds like a great idea :thumbsup:

You guys have way too much time on your hands

John

For some people it's hair.

OK - To sum up:

My Initial Suggestion

YOU are one of the few that didn't know the backstory, even after a number of us mentioned it in the probation thread a few days ago.

So you just learned now because you finally slowed your typing to read for a moment?

doh!

How is this a fact, though? From reading through this thread it actually seems like most people were aware of Frank's previous infractions - you weren't, but there's nothing to suggest that the people who voted for him to be in the HoS were mis-informed in any way.

:applause:

And maybe a few didn't know only because the thread was pulled so quickly. But for the past few days, the entire history was stated a number of times in the probation thread.

POV,

You keep writing "lettuce" instead of "let us"...it's adorable. :foryou: On purpose?

-Adam

It is a Pov trademark. The first recorded use on these boards was 10/11/02 at 09:16 PM. :hi:

I love you so much, GreatScoobyDooby... :luhv:

OK - To sum up:

My Initial Suggestion

YOU are one of the few that didn't know the backstory, even after a number of us mentioned it in the probation thread a few days ago.

So you just learned now because you finally slowed your typing to read for a moment?

doh!

No silly. I said I was unaware of all the Shark stuff in that other thread. I agreed HOS was the place in light of that, in that other thread. :cry:

No silly. I said I was unaware of all the Shark stuff in that other thread. I agreed HOS was the place in light of that, in that other thread. :cry:

:foryou:

Can you please delete that PM you just sent me? No, you may not meet my pet turtle.

OK - To sum up:

My Initial Suggestion

doh!

Frankenstein's monster

Becomes the victim of his

Muscleshark attacks

How is this a fact, though? From reading through this thread it actually seems like most people were aware of Frank's previous infractions - you weren't, but there's nothing to suggest that the people who voted for him to be in the HoS were mis-informed in any way.

And maybe a few didn't know only because the thread was pulled so quickly. But for the past few days, the entire history was stated a number of times in the probation thread.

If you can believe the folks who post over there meh

If you can believe the folks who post over there meh

lol