• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cursed Pirate Girl

1,870 posts in this topic

Well, I am VERY interested in this title based purely on the cover art... and the glowing reviews from the people who have actually managed to get the series as it came out. Being primarily a vintage collector, I usually miss the boat when something new and exciting comes out (only just yesterday sat down and read the TPBs for Walking Dead...).

Really looking forward to getting the 4th Print when it is released, and then deciding if the scratch required to get the first prints is something I want to aim at... until then, I can only anticipate, not participate :( But please, those of you who have read it, and enjoyed it, keep talking about it, I check this thread every day :D

Okay is this some sort of very low print Indy? My LCS owner looked at me like I was kinda crazy when I asked about this title.

Yes, it is and Yup, they tend to do that. Only one of my local LCS actually carried it back when it came out and sold out the first day. (shrug)

I got the same thing when I asked. lol my lcs is a fairly large chain place and they still had no idea.

I haven't read it yet, I'm waiting until I get a different print of #1. I got the #2(1st and 2nd print) and the #3 but my #1 is in some awsome guys hands right now waiting on a SS. ;)

I did browse through my 2 and 3 though and the art is just awsome!!!! I can't wait to read it!!!

I have no LCS. I think the closest shop to me is about a 3 hour drive. :(

Eventually I will get me some copies and then I will be able to chip in more on the discussions. I check back to the thread everyday as well to see what is going on.

I really wish I would have known about this before C2E2. I am just a little late to the party.

Eventually I will get me some copies and then I will be able to chip in more on the discussions. I check back to the thread everyday as well to see what is going on.

I really wish I would have known about this before C2E2. I am just a little late to the party.

PM sent. (thumbs u

Edited by FIREFLY

PM sent. (thumbs u

always the savior, nice job brother!

I think this comic is great. have a copy of #1 that is too nice to read so i am definately gonna look up my friend julio. PM coming

it is mind boggling the detail in issue 3 gotta find my magnifying glass.

andy

I bought a slabbed copy of number 1 and raw copies of 0, 2 and 3(all first print :headbang: ) Needed some help from a fellow boardie as my LCS does not carry the series. :pullhair:

Now I have to wait seven to ten days for the shipment to get to me in Canada. The suspense is killing me as there seems to be consensus that this is a great series both in terms of art and story. I really hope that the publisher senses the demand and takes steps to get either TPB's or reprints out so that they can reach a broader audience.

Million thanks to Julio for helping a brotha out. (thumbs u

Cheers

Sanj

Cursed Pirate Girl The Collected Edition Volume 1 is scheduled for Fall 2010.

Great news! :applause:

And thanks guys for the props. Just trying to support Jeremy and his work while trying to have boardies expand their reading and enjoy a fantasy world. Have fun guys. (thumbs u

And for any boardies that are dropping in on the thread here's a short description of the CPG storyline:

"Cursed Pirate Girl is an epic fairy tale of a cursed girl in search of her father. The only things she knows about her father is that she will find him on the Omerta Seas, and that he is a pirate captain.

The fantastic waters of the Omertas hold many strange and dangerous creatures and forgotten evils; enlisting the help of two armored swordfish and a parrot with a secret agenda, Cursed Pirate Girl sets out on the perilous journey to find her father among the remaining pirate captains. But instead of a glorious reunion, the scheming of interlopers leads her to resurrect her father's most dangerous foe. When her friends and allies fall beneath the terrible sword and sorcery of this old enemy, it is Cursed Pirate Girl who comes to face her father's bane." -jeremybastian.com-

Jeremy said the trade would be offered after SDCC. The publisher is going to make a big push out there for the book. Anyone going make sure to check out the booth early. Rumor has it there will be some books there we would all like to have. :gossip:

Does any one know if the series is going to continue after issue 3?

Sanj

There is an arc with 3 more issues. ;) Check out this old interview with Jeremy for more info.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/020927-Cursed-Pirate-Girl.html

Is he going to be at HeroesCon?

I got an email about a couple of days ago confirming that he is going to be at the Heroe's Con at Indie Island. Sorry, should have posted this sooner. (thumbs u

Edited by FIREFLY