• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cursed Pirate Girl

1,870 posts in this topic

4th printings of #1 are scheduled to come out this month, but not sure on print run and they are supposed to be a little difficult to get because only certain shops are attaining them. Lack of knowledge I suppose. I'll be getting some shipped when they come out.

Edited by FIREFLY

4th printings of #1 are scheduled to come out this month, but not sure on print run and they are supposed to be a little difficult to get because only certain shops are attaining them. Lack of knowledge I suppose. I'll be getting some shipped when they come out.

Keep me in mind!

back from MN con...

A few random thoughts...

Yes, we were told by Jeremy that there were only 5, maybe he was mistaken at the time. I am sure it was not his top priority to count out how many mistakes he made or had (working with creators they tend to not dwell on that, just producing books and selling copies).

Could there be more now that 7 more were discovered. I suppose there could be. I did get a message from someone stating that 12 is a lot. Actually it isn't. Yes it went from 5 to 12, but did not go from 1000 to 2000.

Supply, meet demand. Sounds like Julio is not letting his copies go and is holding, so that can account for something also.

CPG seems to be an interesting book from all accounts. On one side you have people that are against the prices it is garnering, even though you have several people buying them, all different people.

In the middle there are the people that are interested in reading but do not want to pay the prices,therefore there are multiple printings.

And on the other side you have people selling to meet what the market will pay. Seems like basic economics to me.

I did have someone interested in purchasing my other no title and has since passed once more came to the surface. In reality it was not something that bothered me, as I have no problem hanging onto it either.

I hope the book continues to sell in all printings and think it is pretty cool that people are excited about it, just like it is nice to see people excited about Walking Dead, or Locke & Key or even Green Lantern.

Nice to see some fresh talent in the pool!

The Minnesota show had Cursed Pirate Girl on the wall, but only 2nd and 3rd prints. That also has to speak volumes of the noteriety that book is receiving.

Maybe some people need to check out other threads that feel more at home to you. This thread appears to be started by someone who was interested in dicussing CPG and there are a few people in here that seem to be really excited about collecting it. Bashing on every aspect of it really seems hurtful. There are a few people that have really invested a lot into this book and support it.

Good luck to all collecting and thanks to a board member that picked up a print for me at Motor City, can't wait to see it!!!

I am really interested in the book, From what people have told me it has a great story and from the art I have seen i have been really impressed. The problem is I can't afford the prices for first prints at the mo and I tend not to go for latter printings. I will most likely wait for a trade if I can't get the first print of issue 1.

Thanks, JJ, for your input. I appreciate the information. The 7 that I got were actually a concerted effort between Gail, Jeremy and Tom in digging them up and I sincerely think that these are the last based on their efforts and the time it took them to collect them all for me. As I stated before, this was such a blessing to me, my wife and my daughter and I doubt they know how much I am indebted to them. I've been into CPG for awhile, but it was a little hard at first trying to get the pieces together until I actually started digging around, connecting with boardies, and establishing direct connections with the peeps who made it happen, instead of relying on limited LCSs. Anyway, I have too many to call my own and my family's, so maybe one day I'll decide to share 1 or 2 out.

If the 4th printings sell out instantly (again, not sure on the printing #), I will have some available for "people that are interested in reading but do not want to pay the prices" if they can't get them at their LCS. Lord willing I'll get them since I pre-ordered. :wishluck:

Much love CPG peeps. (thumbs u

Edited by FIREFLY

Keep me in mind!

Will do. (thumbs u

Keep me in mind!

Will do. (thumbs u

It's got eight pages of new art! :grin:

Yup, and seems like the 4th printing will be available before "SDCC 2010", per a group email from Tom, Olympian Publishing. He gave away a little on the cover as well, "we are doing it hand-stamped like the first prints... and I LOVEEEEEEEEE THIS COVER!!!!!!! She's dressed like an Admiral, and it's a very royal presentation- "by imperial decree". It won't disappoint, I PROMISE!"

:whistle:

Maybe some people need to check out other threads that feel more at home to you. This thread appears to be started by someone who was interested in dicussing CPG and there are a few people in here that seem to be really excited about collecting it. Bashing on every aspect of it really seems hurtful. There are a few people that have really invested a lot into this book and support it.

People are hardly "bashing every aspect of it." Has anyone bashed Jeremy, the story, or the art? Seems to me there's only one aspect upon which some of us are harping. And feigning an air of hurt feelings doesn't change that.

But I can take a thinly-veiled hint, so I'll take my leave from this thread. :hi:

It never ends, does it?

Let's get back to comics, and not this clique thing.

I bought #2 & #3 First Prints at JetPack Comics today for cover. Just reader copies, as I just wanted to read them for myself this time. (thumbs u

OK, how did she lose her eye, before I start? Thank you :)

People are hardly "bashing every aspect of it." Has anyone bashed Jeremy, the story, or the art? Seems to me there's only one aspect upon which some of us are harping. And feigning an air of hurt feelings doesn't change that.

But I can take a thinly-veiled hint, so I'll take my leave from this thread. :hi:

I don't see where there was bashing either. Some prodding in an attempt to understand the hoopla yes. Seems to me the discussion revealed that there is an actual 1st print so from my perspective well worth the time. A few people have really invested in this and the question is....why? A possible fellow investor tends to ask such questions ;)