• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cursed Pirate Girl

1,870 posts in this topic

Like stock, you wait too long on a good thing...you'll kick yourself in the arse later, Doug. lol

Think there's a couple out there circulating right now....I may be wrong. =)

There's a saying about stars that shine the brightest, shine for the shortest amount of time. This one is burning super bright right now.

Like stock, you wait too long on a good thing...you'll kick yourself in the arse later, Doug. lol

There's a saying about stars that shine the brightest, shine for the shortest amount of time. This one is burning super bright right now.

^^

From what I heard and seen this is kind of a classic children's-style fairy tale that no children are currently reading? I'm only guessing, since the eBay prices are a bit high for your average 'tween. If there is ever gonna be somekind of market for this title's back issue's worth, like Bone, the kids are going to have to read them sometime. I always believed this is what killed Mouse Guard #1's value. Too much speculation. Causing multiple printings to meet a false demand, for something that wasn't in that high of demand in the first place. Could the Modern multiple printing's hemorrage the worth of CPG #1 in the end too, I believe it will. I believe this was just another title we decided was a hit before it was discovered by it's intended audience and now they don't know it even exists. They cannot collect what isn't there.

This is just a theory though.

Technically, our sun still exists as far as I know...and it's been what, thousands of years... hm

:jokealert:

Once I get a #2, I'll read it. It's the only one I'm lacking now.

I think the Mouse Guard comparison really holds up. Both books are small press with beautiful art and have great potential to go on and become staples for both younger and older markets with merchandising, other media and what not. I could see Mouse Guard becoming a cartoon, toy line, games, story books for the kiddies, and stuffed animals. I have yet to read CPG, but I get the impression it is similar in its ability to be marketed to different age groups.

Somehow though, Mouse Guard stalled out. It has a loyal following, but not the rabid folling it did a couple of years ago. I see CPG doing the same thing. I had never heard of the book prior to the hype on these boards. And the realy high prices are coming from where...? These boards. I'm not knocking anyone for making some money here, heck I've even paid some of that money, and if I had it, I might still pay more, just ask JJ. I am saying that I seriously doubt that the book can sustain the prices seen on here with the possible exception of the no logo variants, but we've already see those go from five copies to twelve seen on these boards, so who knows how many there really are?

I hope I'm wrong. I hope this book continues to sail right along like Walking Dead and that Jeremy Bastian can sit on piles of money and direct his minions to do his bidding! It could happen. But not before a market correction.

At least in my opinion.

I could be wrong.

And probably am.

I always screw this stuff up.

Wanna know what to buy? Watch what I leave behind. That's the good stuff...

Once I get a #2, I'll read it. It's the only one I'm lacking now.

I think the Mouse Guard comparison really holds up. Both books are small press with beautiful art and have great potential to go on and become staples for both younger and older markets with merchandising, other media and what not. I could see Mouse Guard becoming a cartoon, toy line, games, story books for the kiddies, and stuffed animals. I have yet to read CPG, but I get the impression it is similar in its ability to be marketed to different age groups.

Somehow though, Mouse Guard stalled out. It has a loyal following, but not the rabid folling it did a couple of years ago. I see CPG doing the same thing. I had never heard of the book prior to the hype on these boards. And the realy high prices are coming from where...? These boards. I'm not knocking anyone for making some money here, heck I've even paid some of that money, and if I had it, I might still pay more, just ask JJ. I am saying that I seriously doubt that the book can sustain the prices seen on here with the possible exception of the no logo variants, but we've already see those go from five copies to twelve seen on these boards, so who knows how many there really are?

I hope I'm wrong. I hope this book continues to sail right along like Walking Dead and that Jeremy Bastian can sit on piles of money and direct his minions to do his bidding! It could happen. But not before a market correction.

At least in my opinion.

I could be wrong.

And probably am.

hm Good point, Doug.

hm Good point, Doug.

Which part? This one?

I could be wrong.

And probably am.

lol

GPA is no longer relevant for this series. Raw #1 is going for 70+ on the bay. I think if you put up a slabbed book on the bay it will go for triple GPA, at least until everyone on the boards gets a copy. ;)

I agree to some degree, Jeff. But I heard that copies of #1 sold out on the first day at Motor City. Could they have been board members?

Yes, it was.

:whistle: