• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cursed Pirate Girl

1,870 posts in this topic

GPA is no longer relevant for this series. Raw #1 is going for 70+ on the bay. I think if you put up a slabbed book on the bay it will go for triple GPA, at least until everyone on the boards gets a copy. ;)

The problem may well be that GPA only takes in a number of sale venues like e-bay and not private sales like those on here. The question really is, how many slabs have been sold away from here and How much are they going for when they do (shrug)

It May be that the market, for these, is a little skewed at the moment hm I went to a few shops here in London and no one had even knew about it (even the one who prides it self on stocking indies and books no one else gets). I said to one shop owner that they were selling for over $300 in 9.8 and he said that was crazy, how is something i've not even heard off worth that much.

GPA is no longer relevant for this series. Raw #1 is going for 70+ on the bay. I think if you put up a slabbed book on the bay it will go for triple GPA, at least until everyone on the boards gets a copy. ;)

This is whats annoying me every timne a miss one it sells for quite a bit less than the one I think right I want to buy it. How expensive can these get anyhow (shrug)

It May be that the market, for these, is a little skewed at the moment hm I went to a few shops here in London and no one had even knew about it (even the one who prides it self on stocking indies and books no one else gets). I said to one shop owner that they were selling for over $300 in 9.8 and he said that was crazy, how is something i've not even heard off worth that much.

It seems that even in the US some shops have never heard of these as I have called many to acquire copies since they are so rare. I think because of the lack of knowledge of them, they weren't ordered, hence, not marketed in addition to the "low print". Now that Jeremy is getting more exposure at the cons, the threads, Ebay and whatever, people are finally appreciating his work. I do admit that there is a little bit of fire going on with the buzz on this book, which will eventually subside, but the real collectors loving the story and art will continue with it, keeping in mind that there seems to be another set in the works?

Not sure if the #2 1st print thing has ever been verified (losing tons of copies in shipping or something), but that's another crazy thing too is that these issues are selling for more than #1 now. :ohnoez:

There's only been 3 sales with one on the way and a high of $90. That can easily be explained by board hype. If you could ever have an Ebay auction without board member bids I'd be surprised if it broke $50.

This is whats annoying me every timne a miss one it sells for quite a bit less than the one I think right I want to buy it. How expensive can these get anyhow (shrug)

As high as you're willing to pay ;)

As high as you're willing to pay ;)

^^

There's only been 3 sales with one on the way and a high of $90. That can easily be explained by board hype. If you could ever have an Ebay auction without board member bids I'd be surprised if it broke $50.

I agree to some degree, Jeff. But I heard that copies of #1 sold out on the first day at Motor City. Could they have been board members? hm

I think the hype has to exist for any book. IMO, that's how books get hot, by word of mouth in wanting to see what the big deal is. Once they read the book and enjoy the artwork, or not, they'll determine if it was worth it and then spread the word more to others. Otherwise, the book will just die out. But I don't think this one will. There's a new production of a little radio drama coming soon as well. What other book has gotten that far? ;)

http://www.comicsbeat.com/2010/03/03/cast-pirate-girl/

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2009/09/gorillas-riding-dinosaurs-cursed-pirate-girl-1-2/

+1. I've been following board hype since 2005(Marvel Zombies, Mouse Guard...), way before I ever joined. I bought my first 9.9 CGC 9.9 Locke & Key #1 hoping to flip it on eBay after reading the hot Moderns thread, and that was before I even read the series and loved it lol .

I agree to some degree, Jeff. But I heard that copies of #1 sold out on the first day at Motor City. Could they have been board members? hm

I think the hype has to exist for any book. IMO, that's how books get hot, by word of mouth in wanting to see what the bid deal is. Once they read the book and enjoy the artwork, or not, they'll determine if it was worth it and then spread the word more to others. Otherwise, the book will just die out. But I don't think this one will. There's a new production of a little radio drama coming soon as well. What other book has gotten that far? ;)

http://www.comicsbeat.com/2010/03/03/cast-pirate-girl/

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2009/09/gorillas-riding-dinosaurs-cursed-pirate-girl-1-2/

It may have the potential to rise in value if it had started at a decent price (like cover). Current board prices started where you would expect a modern title to peak. If someone were to buy at that price to keep for themselves all the power to them. If they are purchased as an investment or flip then best of luck. I mean we are talking about a book that is commanding prices of a book with a following. Very little people even know the title exists.

FYI - I bought the final copies of some Indies at C2E2. They're sold out now ;)

It may have the potential to rise in value if it had started at a decent price (like cover). Current board prices started where you would expect a modern title to peak. If someone were to buy at that price to keep for themselves all the power to them. If they are purchased as an investment or flip then best of luck. I mean we are talking about a book that is commanding prices of a book with a following. Very little people even know the title exists.

FYI - I bought the final copies of some Indies at C2E2. They're sold out now ;)

lol You sly devil, you. (thumbs u

Like stock, you wait too long on a good thing...you'll kick yourself in the arse later, Doug. lol

Think there's a couple out there circulating right now....I may be wrong. =)