• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,475 posts in this topic

Just got this one from Ebay. I usually avoid books with creases but the crease on this one is pretty faint and it's very hard to find these Strange Adventures in the 30's and 40's. So...I'm very happy with it.

SA44.jpg

When every issue is such a victory, it's hard imagine finishing the run eh?

Just got this one from Ebay. I usually avoid books with creases but the crease on this one is pretty faint and it's very hard to find these Strange Adventures in the 30's and 40's. So...I'm very happy with it.

SA44.jpg

When every issue is such a victory, it's hard imagine finishing the run eh?

Thanks everyone!

Yes, you're right Speedy...you have to look at each issue as a victory and not get discouraged about completing runs. Maybe someday, but for now it's just a nice treat to get a new one.

SA44.jpg

Super Nice (thumbs u I agree these are hard to find.

I've never seen that cover. Nice! One of these days when I finish some other runs I'm working on I'll get serious about my Strange Adventures and Tales of the Unexpected runs.

DR.X

I would probably comapre trying to complete a Strange Adventure run to a Superboy run. Approx. same value, same time period, same number of issues, etc.

Given that, and knowing what is took me to get this far with Superboy (2-258) I could not imagine doing it again. But....if I did, it would be Strange Adventures :grin:

I would probably comapre trying to complete a Strange Adventure run to a Superboy run. Approx. same value, same time period, same number of issues, etc.

Given that, and knowing what is took me to get this far with Superboy (2-258) I could not imagine doing it again. But....if I did, it would be Strange Adventures :grin:

So I don't know if I've ever asked this, but how long did it take you to finish Superboy? I know you were working on other things too...

Nope,still nothing! (shrug)

I have'nt bought anything in so long,starting to get the jitters,need to tap the vein. :ohnoez:

I'm in the same boat... but bid anyway. I did last night on a 9.4 ASM 37 I couldn't let go for possibly $890 or so. Four different bidders placed bids within six seconds of each other, less than eleven seconds from the end. I got it with under $25 to spare, now I need to figure out how to pay for it.

So, now you have to buy something, for my sake lol.

Thanks in advance to Mark for this Fire Mountain book;

asm037cgcfront94.jpg

I lucked into these hard-to-find books recently at very good prices. You don't see them in this kind of shape much (for example the highest graded #8 is a 6.5). Other than some tanning and a tiny bit of paper missing on a couple of corners they are flat, glossy, and relatively unblemished.

And they have beautiful Kubert stories...

FrF5.jpg

FrF8.jpg