• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,511 posts in this topic

This is now my third slabbed Dell Movie Classic book in my collection.

Nalked Prey (Beth Ped. 9.2 ow/w), Zulu (File Copy 9.4 ow/w) and now this bute.

I have a completed a very personal run. :cloud9:

You see, these three books are a tribute to my Father who passed in 2002 from stomach cancer. :sorry:

They were in his top 10 of all time favorite movies. :cloud9:

I wish there were a "Good Bad & the Ugly," "Das Boots," "Jerimiah Johnson," and his (in my top 3 too) all time favorite movie "Kelly's Heroes" and a couple more in funny book form......becuase I wish I could have a complete

Robert H Torstenson Cinema Favorites Set. Oh well, I think he will get a kick out of seeing these three lined up together at least.

Love you Dad, I miss you.

0993450005.jpg

Well that gorgeous X-2 in 9.6 is getting all the kudos, but here's to your lovely copies of 2 sweet DC SA books. AND the Bats is a Key being the SA return of the Penguin... (thumbs u

Thanks Harry, I happen to think that the X-Men book is gorgeous, but I really have to say that - as they appear with so much less frequency, 10 and 12 cent DCs in 9.0 or better always catch my eye at cons more than anything these days.

As Brian said nice to see you on the boards, I have actually tripled my posting rate for the year this week. So maybe a return of some old schoolers :grin:

This is now my third slabbed Dell Movie Classic book in my collection.

Nalked Prey (Beth Ped. 9.2 ow/w), Zulu (File Copy 9.4 ow/w) and now this bute.

I have a completed a very personal run. :cloud9:

You see, these three books are a tribute to my Father who passed in 2002 from stomach cancer. :sorry:

They were in his top 10 of all time favorite movies. :cloud9:

I wish there were a "Good Bad & the Ugly," "Das Boots," "Jerimiah Johnson," and his (in my top 3 too) all time favorite movie "Kelly's Heroes" and a couple more in funny book form......becuase I wish I could have a complete

Robert H Torstenson Cinema Favorites Set. Oh well, I think he will get a kick out of seeing these three lined up together at least.

Love you Dad, I miss you.

0993450005.jpg

Thanks for sharing, Eric. This reminds us how comics can be such a part of our lives and not just funny books. This is one of my favorite movies too. :)

Here are the 2 newest additions to my collection this last week. The ASM #42 was a CL win off a tracking bid (I wasn't really fully committed to buying a copy just yet, but happy with it nonetheless :) ) The #15 was one I've always wanted to have, but figured I'd settle on a sharp #34 instead (for my early Kraven cover), but then I figured "it's almost Christmas . . .and I've been good this year!" :headbang: Unfortunately I couldn't get rid of all the glare in my scans.

ASM42Front.jpg

ASM15Front.jpg

I've been on selling mode as of late, but I have afforded myself a few goodies.....

The Hulk 4 is putting me closer to having the run in 6.5...I have a 2, 4, 5 & 6.....

!B+b)e!gBGk~$(KGrHqR,!ioEzNsiHq5cBM+otCnT-g~~_3.JPG

This was another Ebay find, like the Hulk....A little lower grade than I really wanted, but I had to have a copy until I can upgrade....I have a boardie ( :hi: John) who can have first dibs since we've talked about this book in the past.

!B5bLFjg!Wk~$(KGrHqMOKkMEyN4dblroBMtkNvhsC!~~_3.JPG

And lastly, in keeping with my first appearances collecting goals, I have added this bad boy after paying it off. Thanks Jason !

superboy68.jpg

I've been on selling mode as of late, but I have afforded myself a few goodies.....

The Hulk 4 is putting me closer to having the run in 6.5...I have a 2, 4, 5 & 6.....

!B+b)e!gBGk~$(KGrHqR,!ioEzNsiHq5cBM+otCnT-g~~_3.JPG

Now all you have left is the easy one. :baiting:

These arrived today. Slowly plugging the gaps in my DC Western Comics collection. Funny what can attract you to particular titles or maybe it's just me but in this case I saw a couple of these at a local comic fair in nice condition and was attracted by the cool logo and deep background colours - have never read a Western comic in my life!

PC160019.jpg[/img]

PC160020.jpg[/img]