• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,474 posts in this topic

Nice colors. And white pages to boot! Well done, John! :headbang:
Nice Infantino cover -- and usually there'll be Infantino inside as well. :applause:

ActionComics239.jpgActionComics239.jpg And here's the second of the two books that I found at the antique store. Both came very cheaply and I liked the colors on both.

Great looking copy! :cloud9:

One of my fav's also.....my Mom brought home a small stack of books from the thrift shop back in the early 70's.....jump started my love affair with Wayne Boring, although I didn't know what his name was for quite a few more years. I was pleasantly surprised when that Superman made a cameo in Quitely's All Star Superman mini series a few years ago. If any of you may have missed that mini series, it is HIGHLY recommended. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

AdventureComics.jpg

Picked this up this weekend at an antique store in Ventura County. Couldn't believe the condition or the price!

My eyes, my eyes!!! It's those DC greens. If I never see anything again, those'd be some good indelible images to burn into my memory.

AdventureComics.jpg

Picked this up this weekend at an antique store in Ventura County. Couldn't believe the condition or the price!

Did the store owner tell you how they acquired it or whether it was bought with other books in nice shape? Nice copy!

You know, that's a good question. I thought about asking, but I was afrarid if I started asking questions, the owner might realize the actual value of the books and substanially raise the prices. So I kept my mouth shut. I did ask him if he had any others, but he stated that's all they had and they were in the store for a couple of months. That's all I know!

SLR

Just got these in from eBay....

Amazing Spider-Man #40

IMG_2346.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #44

IMG_2347.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #98

IMG_2348.jpg

By the way, I've been trying to look this up online but with little help. What is the colored bar at the top of the very edge of the pages stand for. One site I found said that different colored bars meant how long the book was to stay at the newsstand for. What if the book doesn't have a colored bar on it? The AMS #40 has a cyan bar but #44 and #98 don't have one. The same website said that no bar meant that it was a direct edition only, not direct and newsstand. Can anyone help me out?