• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,458 posts in this topic

My first silver age X-Men book! Long term collecting goal I started a couple years ago is to put together #1-300. Already almost halfway there.

shackbrowseUpload_v9cajlqvpe.jpg

Have fun! I found the Barry Windsor Smith and Jim Steranko issues that preceded the Neal Adams run to be the hardest to find (so far) of the Silver Age X-Men.

I picked up a couple books that have been on my want list for a while. I've been looking for a copy of 15 for a few months and my patience finally paid off. :whee:

AMAZING%20SPIDERMAN%2015%20CGC%207%200%20OW%20FRONT_zpsz1c6yxmy.jpeg

2vbugyw.jpg

Nice ASM #15!! Quality looking 7.0

Have fun! I found the Barry Windsor Smith and Jim Steranko issues that preceded the Neal Adams run to be the hardest to find (so far) of the Silver Age X-Men.

Thanks. It's been a blast so far, will keep that in mind about the Smith and Steranko books. hm

My first silver age X-Men book! Long term collecting goal I started a couple years ago is to put together #1-300. Already almost halfway there.

shackbrowseUpload_v9cajlqvpe.jpg

Nice book. If you are really serious about putting that run together you might do yourself a favor and hold off on buying smaller books til you can save up enough $$$(if necessary) to get a copy of #1 that suits you. That book is only going to appreciate and at a pace thats going to make it potentially very painful if you wait too much longer. most of the other silver age x-men books are fairly stable pricewise in midgrade and will remain affordable for the long haul.

I picked up a couple books that have been on my want list for a while. I've been looking for a copy of 15 for a few months and my patience finally paid off. :whee:

AMAZING%20SPIDERMAN%2015%20CGC%207%200%20OW%20FRONT_zpsz1c6yxmy.jpeg

2vbugyw.jpg

Nice ASM #15!! Quality looking 7.0

2 all time classics there. For me the story in 15 is one of Lee's best and the cover of annual 1 has always been one of my favorites, story is good too but 15 is a better read imo.

Picked this up as part of a small collection buy today, this is definitely my keeper for now, and will pair nicely with my CGC 3.5 #1.

Hulk02CGC.jpg

Great find in any grade - love those early Hulks!! :applause:

Nice book. If you are really serious about putting that run together you might do yourself a favor and hold off on buying smaller books til you can save up enough $$$(if necessary) to get a copy of #1 that suits you. That book is only going to appreciate and at a pace thats going to make it potentially very painful if you wait too much longer. most of the other silver age x-men books are fairly stable pricewise in midgrade and will remain affordable for the long haul.

Good call. I would definitely like to complete the run. I've been monitoring the price of #1 for the past year but never seriously looked at picking up a copy. Still have some planning to do.