• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,445 posts in this topic

On 11/14/2021 at 4:55 PM, ft88 said:

Just bought this collection. YO ADRIAN!!!

DBA08F6D-CFEA-48F5-BC8D-A5DFB56E867F.thumb.jpeg.8b016f964f47b63f434f3490c7290e20.jpeg

:1893263297_thisthreadisuselesswithoutpics:

:2135781879_wavingwhiteflagemoji:jk just kidding

But it did give me an excuse to use the new emoji! And congrats!!

Even though I couldn't commit to just the emoji lol

I'm sure pics will come later ^^

On 11/14/2021 at 2:55 PM, ft88 said:

Just bought this collection. YO ADRIAN!!!

DBA08F6D-CFEA-48F5-BC8D-A5DFB56E867F.thumb.jpeg.8b016f964f47b63f434f3490c7290e20.jpeg

Great pick-up!  Congrats!  To expand unnecessarily - this is one of my fantasies.  I have literally had dreams about "discovering" comics like these.

Edited by MattTheDuck
To revise and extend my remarks

Great books! I am especially fond of DD #5. I still like the yellow costume, and it was the first time that Wally Wood worked on DD.

I'm also fond FF #26 and #39, especially #39. That is one of my all-time favorite covers of the SA. Jack Kirby and Wally Wood on the same cover! And how can you not like the cover of #26? It has the FF, the Avengers, and the Hulk! Two things have always bothered me about that cover, First, how did Rick Jones get to the top of a skyscraper consisting of only girders, and how was he the first to arrive at the top? Second, Captain America would have to be a contortionist to throw his shield based on how he was holding on to that girder.

I have always considered Jack Kirby a big idea and a big picture kind of artist. That being said, he sometimes missed some minute details, like this cover, along with the cover to FF #3 (the Human Torch with two left hands). I have seen the cover to FF #3 multiple times, and I never noticed that.