• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,474 posts in this topic

On 3/16/2022 at 1:29 AM, Yale Stewart said:

It's awfully late, but wanted to post my mail from today.

The way prices have been trending, I was incredibly worried that I'd never be able to afford to replace the copy of #1 that I sold back in 2011. This one cost significantly more than that one, but I managed to swing it. Tape on cover, but most importantly, the cover is attached and the book is complete.

7 more books to complete 1-441.

ASM.jpg

^^ way to put in effort, I'd be happy too :headbang: 

On 3/16/2022 at 10:57 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

^^ way to put in effort, I'd be happy too :headbang: 

Thanks so much! I probably could have been more patient and waited to find a better price, but this one was really good for the current market and like I said, I'm worried that in a month or two I'd be priced out completely. With my luck, early ASM books are going to become way more affordable now, so you're welcome, everyone! :P

On 3/21/2022 at 4:42 PM, Nick H (UK) said:

CGC3980672-001_OBV.JPG

This IS awesome with the label too, as a side note :)

On 3/21/2022 at 6:50 PM, atrocitus said:

Happy to have it even though it’s a low grade copy 

F1C1C7F2-F19B-408E-B231-F56DF2A658C8.jpeg

If I could  :takeit: as well! Amazing things i ignored lol

Congrats to both!

On 3/23/2022 at 3:04 PM, Bart Allen said:

Marvelman #360 and The Marvelman Family Annual -- never seen the #360 issue for sale before so I had to buy it :x

Image 01 - UK Comic:  Marvelman #360 - L Miller 1963

Image 01 - Marvelman Family Annual 1963, Complete; Miracleman, Timeless

That's an awesome book!

I don't know these characters (though of course I recognize the predecessor to Alan Moore's Miracleman) ... based on the letters on their chests, I assume the other two must be Young Man and Kid?

On 3/23/2022 at 7:13 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

That's an awesome book!

I don't know these characters (though of course I recognize the predecessor to Alan Moore's Miracleman) ... based on the letters on their chests, I assume the other two must be Young Man and Kid?

Thanks a lot and you're right ~ Yeah, those are Young Marvelman and Kid Marvelman :3

On 3/28/2022 at 12:54 PM, Straw-Man said:

shopping on the 'bay for a raw cap't savage 1, just cuz, and came across this one; shot an offer which was accepted.   it was very low.  i wonder how long it's been since i bought a pgx book--i recall that the very. last. timely. i grabbed to close the global 'hero books run was a pgx mystic 9 [himmel, MINE head].  that was 20 years ago, at least.  here, even if overgraded, i'm ok, and it actually looks rather nice.

B25D25BF-D77A-4412-8A78-B0000AE721AA.jpeg

Looks great to me!

On 3/28/2022 at 12:54 PM, Straw-Man said:

shopping on the 'bay for a raw cap't savage 1, just cuz, and came across this one; shot an offer which was accepted.   it was very low.  i wonder how long it's been since i bought a pgx book--i recall that the very. last. timely. i grabbed to close the global 'hero books run was a pgx mystic 9 [himmel, MINE head].  that was 20 years ago, at least.  here, even if overgraded, i'm ok, and it actually looks rather nice.

B25D25BF-D77A-4412-8A78-B0000AE721AA.jpeg

I guess as long as they didn't miss restoration -- and this isn't a book where there would be a strong motive to do that -- you're good.  Are you going to crack it out?