• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,466 posts in this topic

On 1/19/2024 at 10:05 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol Mine is a beater too, story in spoiler, but super glad after a day of searching and coming up empty that I didn't give up :) and just to come away with something Praise God. It was the 1st day in a while for the sun to shine and not be 0 degrees wind chill :roflmao: 

Reveal hidden contents

Appreciated!

I didn't assess it in store, for $2 I just took it home. It's detached at top staple and has some significant tears, but am truly grateful!

It was at an antiques store, and after 2 stores before that of nothing and this last store everything was priced but this.... I almost gave up!

A friend had suggested I go today, so I thought Lord willing I'll try for the goodwill of just to leave no stone unturned kind of thing...

Anyway rantrant they had to call the guy for price and I helped explain what looked like water damage on the cover....

Sure enough $2

Excellent!  Glad braving the cold was worth while!  I was outside earlier this week and all I got was sore from pushing the snowblower around.  :tonofbricks:

On 1/25/2024 at 9:02 PM, Corvonie said:

Feeling very lucky to have found such a stellar copy of this amazing cover!

IMG_0004.jpeg

Tambourines and elephants were playing in the band! 🟣

That IS a nice cover that I hadn't seen though!

On 1/25/2024 at 11:16 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Solidly mid-grade!  I personally wouldn't call a book at 5.0+ "low grade" -- at least, not a Silver Age book.  A 5.0 copy of Spawn #1 is another story.

Thanks Lou. I am enjoying collecting these early issues, although finding them in 5.0 that present well is tough.