• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,470 posts in this topic

You could add TOS 69-71 also as a great little trio too (1st Titanium man).

Thnx Joe - I'll add that trio to my list.

It's been quite a whirlwind this week, and of all the books I bought on Wednesday, this was the only one that was CGC'd:

100_7482.jpg

That is just a beautiful book!!! (worship)(worship)

A 33 year veteran Golden Age collector here who caught 'Marvel fever' so started slowly picking up some picks here and there this year.

Can't come close to competing with some of the remarkable books posted above, but my desired grade is universal 8.0, all books are off-white-to-white or white, but will go mid-grade on some items if they present especially nice or up to 9.2 if the price is right.

Oh, I de-slab most of my books, too.

If this is the wrong place to post, please direct me otherwise (thnx).

Let's start off with a White Mountain copy...

TTA43.jpg

I had just about every Early Marvel Key at one time in my OO collection, but if I were to start again today, I think your model is a perfect balance between great looking, yet somewhat affordable books.

I had a ton of 8.0 SA books come back from CGC and although in my naivete I was disappointed in the grades, I still felt that they presented beautifully.

And when you consider the cost of purchasing a VF vs a NM or NM-, it all makes perfect sense to an old collector... (thumbs u