• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry's All Star #8 better pics

1,135 posts in this topic

AF15Kid,

I know you didn't make fun of anyone's appearance and I'm not accusing you of doing so. I am criticizing your accusations of hypocrisy, which you again renew, based on conduct that seems to be the normal standard of care. Since you admit that BLB's conduct is not at issue with the JSA 7 and 8 (your words: "the two are not directly related"), and provides no defense for CGC, why bring it up at all?

My point was simply that more care could have been used and that something could have happened. Unlikely? Sure; but why even take the chance with books as nice as those when a few simple steps could have reduced the risk?

Go read the Group Shot thread and tell all the Board Members that posted similar photos with $1K, $10K, and $100K books that they aren't taking care of them properly.

That's not true -- many of them have their cats or dogs guarding the comics to make sure nothing gets damaged. In one case somebody even had a cat guarding a bunch of "Catman" comics. So clearly that is a different thing entirely.

But Richard Evans was the first to comment that CGC has already given $2000 in restitution by way of grading fee reimbursement - something which has been ignored by Bob during all of this.

Since Bob hasn't said which part of his nether-regions he is pulling the $10,000 figure from, I will speculate that it is based on his errant memory of someone stating that the #8 could be the highest graded copy.

Bob keeps avoiding a discussion of the $10,000 figure. My guess is he knows it's an unsupportable amount. He's avoided a detailed discussion of what exactly his communication has been with CGC, in terms of what they've claimed and offered, as well. At this point the question is: What does he want?

Bob has also avoided explaining why he has the All Star #8's condition misrepresented on his eBay store. It's all well and good that he's got a high feedback rating from other sales, but that doesn't address the fact of the comic being misrepresented right now.

All I know is if I ever went into court and tried to use that picture without anything else to make the assumption that BLB restored the All Star #8, the judge would laugh at me. :tonofbricks:

Only after he got over the hearty guffaw (literally side-splitting laughter) he had at listening to Bob's case.

All I know is if I ever went into court and tried to use that picture without anything else to make the assumption that BLB restored the All Star #8, the judge would laugh at me. :tonofbricks:

Only after he got over the hearty guffaw (literally side-splitting laughter) he had at listening to Bob's case.

True enough (thumbs u

CGC damaged both the books mentioned and they have never made a move to make this "right"

A pretty well verified rumor is now being started that CGC wiped out over $2000 in grading fees to make this "right".

This is no rumor and, since I was at CGC at the time, I know what happened to the All-Star 22 & 7. Btw...the person who damaged the books no longer works there.

Bob was credited the [font:Arial Black]entire[/font] cost of the grading fees for [font:Arial Black]all[/font] the Bails All-Stars that were sent in, just over $2,000.00. CGC then [font:Arial Black]owned[/font] the All-Star 22 out right and Bob got to retain the All-Star 7. The 7 is a nice book, but has a piece of tape on it now.

I know this because I had to make 2 seperate calls to Bob both times the damage happened. That is CGC policy: To call if there is ever a problem with a clients book or books and try to make it right by them.

I have no clue why they returned the All-Star 22 two+ years later. As far as I know, the book was theirs and they never had to send it back to Bob.

CGC damaged both the books mentioned and they have never made a move to make this "right"

A pretty well verified rumor is now being started that CGC wiped out over $2000 in grading fees to make this "right".

This is no rumor and, since I was at CGC at the time, I know what happened to the All-Star 22 & 7. Btw...the person who damaged the books no longer works there.

Bob was credited the [font:Arial Black]entire[/font] cost of the grading fees for [font:Arial Black]all[/font] the Bails All-Stars that were sent in, just over $2,000.00. CGC then [font:Arial Black]owned[/font] the All-Star 22 out right and Bob got to retain the All-Star 7. The 7 is a nice book, but has a piece of tape on it now.

I know this because I had to make 2 seperate calls to Bob both times the damage happened. That is CGC policy: To call if there is ever a problem with a clients book or books and try to make it right by them.

I have no clue why they returned the All-Star 22 two+ years later. As far as I know, the book was theirs and they never had to send it back to Bob.

case closed (shrug)

case closed (shrug)

Yep.

to bob:

facepalming.gif

case closed (shrug)

does this mean no world-captivating you-tube short by his california director-friend? if so, DAMN YOU, STEVE BOROCK!!!!!!!!!

I always like it when we find out the other side of the story hm

DAMN YOU, STEVE BOROCK!!!!!!!!!

Ya know, Billy, I am so used to hearing that by now. :grin:

Sorry if I upset your future viewing pleasure :kidaround:

steve, any info on the AS 8??

i read it as steve saying calls were made because one had tape, one got lost--and that they did nothing to harm the 8, thus no call. but reading it again i see "books damaged" so i hope steve does respond.

i read it as steve saying calls were made because one had tape, one got lost--and that they did nothing to harm the 8, thus no call.

hm

i read it as steve saying calls were made because one had tape, one got lost--and that they did nothing to harm the 8, thus no call. but reading it again i see "books damaged" so i hope steve does respond.

No books were ever "lost". The AS 7 & 22 got damaged while at CGC and, as I already explained, they ("we" at the time) took care of the situation ASAP.

No books were ever "lost". The AS 7 & 22 got damaged while at CGC and, as I already explained, they ("we" at the time) took care of the situation ASAP.

thanks, sir.

fair enough (thumbs u