• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IMPORTANT: You may have been DEFRAUDED if your ebay username is listed here!!!!

178 posts in this topic

Can you rearrange your sig to have Gina NEXT to the graphic of Batman? Hugely tall sigs like that are one of the reasons so many people here just turn sigs off completely...

It is a real shame that there are certain board members who feel the need to criticize any poster who does something that falls outside of their own moral compass, ethical parameters or simply is someone they don't like no matter the altruistic nature of the original post.

For whatever reason, perhaps deserved perhaps not, Doc Watson has taken a personal disdain to me. Anyone who frequents the boards knows it. To his credit I suppose, he admits it all the time. Such is life. We can't all be liked by everyone and life will go on. At least his posts enable me to have some sparring fun. lol

The important thing is that it won't detract me from trying to help members of our community from being victimized by fraud, and that is exactly what this thread was designed to accomplish.

Let's be clear as to some issues. Some of you have to understand that not everything needs or should be said on a public message board. The fact that someone wants or even would prefer more information does not entitle them to it or necessarily justify the posting.

Robojo33 reads these threads. Sometimes I want "him" to read what I write. Sometimes I don't want "him" to know what I am intending while I am gathering information. That is why I did not specify the origin of the information or tie it to a specific ebay username until Doc Watson took it upon himself to do so. Instead, I invited forumites to PM or e-mail me for additional information and those who did received a substantive response as well as provided me with helpful background information to use in the effort to help prevent future fraud.

For those who were concerned, and because I try my best to be as upfront as possible, the ebay usernames posted in this thread were culled from publicly available information. There is no privileged information in these names. Anyone could have obtained the information and in fact still can.

I was not aware, however, which individuals were buyers or sellers and did not realize until responses started coming in that both categories were included. Nor do I have anyone's e-mail information so there was no way for me to contact any individual directly. As anyone who uses Ebay knows, the system would have shut me down after sending messages to a few names, if it even allowed me to get that far, because I have not engaged in transactions with them. Instead, I brought the information to the best place possible - the CGC boards.

There is no harm or shame in being listed in this thread. Nor should anyone be concerned with doing business with anyone simply because that individual is listed in this thread.

It is unfortunate that the nature of the General Section for many, or at least some specific forumites, is to assume or allege the worst or demand things they are not entitled to receive. If anyone was offended by my posting the list of names, I am sorry something I did made you feel that way. If anyone feels I should have provided more information upfront, I respectfully disagree but I can understand why you feel that way.

I do my best to help the community where I can. I have no ulterior motives other than seeking to ensure we all operate in a safe and trusting environment in the hobby we love. (thumbs u

Mark,

Last post I need to read in this thread.

You are always First Class, Period.

We all know what this thread is about. Some may see different objectives in your post or just want to be tools. I see it for what it is. For those that question your motives I suggest they smash another Pedigree into oblivion.

Yeah, I said that!

Heaven forbid you attempt to do the "right" thing and be judged under the standers of an other.

Thanks for your time on this issue which I could only gather is without compensation for the most.

Keep on keep'n on! :whee:

Nuff said

Agreed... Good job Mark... Somebody needs to stop this Scumbag Robojo.

But in the spirit of full disclosure, here's the feedback I left for him:

Beautiful books, accurate grade, excellent packing & shipping. A++ Ebayer.

armchair ( 276 )

Jun-20-07

doh!:boo:

lol

I'm on that list (neatstuffcollectibles) and I doubt it's for buying something from him.. I pretty much NEVER buy using my business account.

The only time I can recall dealing with the scammer in question was a transaction I did with him about 5 years ago.. I sold him a DD statue and he called me up complaining about the box... After a few calls and literally hours on the phone hearing about his Martial Arts expertise and his pain condition, he started to get nasty.

Our communications ended when he threatened to show up at my location and kick my butt... I gave him my address but never heard from him after that.

I have already contacted Mark about this. As usual, Mark is out there looking out for the hobby and trying to do the right thing. I don't question his motives or intent with this thread for a minute. Anyone who does, clearly doesn't know much about Mark.

I agree that many on the boards will form their own conclusions just by seeing names mentioned on a thread associated with someone nefarious, but clearly that is out of Mark's control... Jumping to conclusions is just one of those things that seems to happen often on these boards..

I agree that many on the boards will form their own conclusions just by seeing names mentioned on a thread associated with someone nefarious, but clearly that is out of Mark's control... Jumping to conclusions is just one of those things that seems to happen often on these boards..

(thumbs u

Yes, how about that Doc? I never mentioned any name associated with the list. Why you think it would be obvious it was Dupcak is your own thought process. I have gone after numerous members of the ebay community for fraud.

But its a good thing we have you as the moral police here to set me straight Doc as to what is appropriate or not!!!!! I'm so lucky to have a guardian angel. You're like my bestest friend. :luhv:

Please tell us then why did you post the names then? Who defraud them, if it wasnt Ducak?

I'm on the list. :banana:

I bought from He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named

flip-voldemort.jpg

But in the spirit of full disclosure, here's the feedback I left for him:

Beautiful books, accurate grade, excellent packing & shipping. A++ Ebayer.

armchair ( 276 )

Jun-20-07

doh!:boo:

lol

Think I left positive feedback for my purchases as well. doh!

If OP is organizing a road trip to 'visit' said seller... I'm in (thumbs u

Edited by frankbearss

Personally, I don't see what the big deal is either way. People should stop trying to read too much intent behind innocuous posts. OTOH, I'm not sure this list is really that useful. You may now carry on bickering.

After a few calls and literally hours on the phone hearing about his Martial Arts expertise and his pain condition, he started to get nasty.

Our communications ended when he threatened to show up at my location and kick my butt... I gave him my address but never heard from him after that.

Keyboard warriors - gotta' love 'em! :roflmao:

Personally, I don't see what the big deal is either way. People should stop trying to read too much intent behind innocuous posts. OTOH, I'm not sure this list is really that useful. You may now carry on bickering.

I didn't see any bickering, maybe some people got a little defensive in the face of critisism.

While the post may have been intended to be informational and educational, and probably is innocuous when it's all said and done, there is no denying that some people are going to draw incorrect conclusions or false assumptions. That is certainly ridiculous, and there should be no shame, embarrassment or guilt associated with being on the list. That doesn't take away from the fact that it may exist. I believe that point has been proven by more than one post in this thread alone. I'm also aware some people have requested their name be removed. Perhaps the OP should have been more considerate of the way other innocent parties may have felt about it before posting it. I believe that's all Dr. Watson was trying to convey. Of course any sort of critisism isn't going to be taken lightly by anyone around here (including myself).

The most ridiculous thing in this whole thread was for Mark to act as if Dupcak or anyone else wasn't going to immediately recognize who the thread was about.

Of course any post that doesn't praise Mark is against Mark, so I'm sure even this one will be taken the wrong way, but for the record, I'd like to see Mark's efforts help bring down Dupcak. I'm sure that goes for just about everyone.

Edited by MCMiles

Let's get a few points out there for people to understand.

(1) This post is not a criticism of MCMILES' post but merely using it as a vehicle for response. :hi:

(2) As a general rule, inferring the intent of someone's post is not a very intelligent thing to do unless you really know the person or have inside information surrounding the actual statements. :makepoint:

(3) Sometimes lawyers (and probably non-lawyers) write/say or DON'T write/say certain things because there is a reason that may not be obvious to others, which brings me right back to (2). :idea:

(4) Anyone who thinks that I need to receive overt praise for something I do or won't respond positively to constructive criticism does not know me personally. :gossip:

(5) Anyone who thinks I won't publicly respond to undeserved criticism doesn't know litigators very well! lol

(6) The intentional title of the thread and the listing of ebay user ids only without further information attracted the attention of individuals who had no idea of the allegations concerning robojo33, and even better allowed some forumites to recognize ebay ids of friends/colleagues who are NOT on the CGC boards and who have now been educated about the concerns. This is what I hoped would occur. :acclaim:

(7) Notwithstanding that I have been asking people on the boards for about 3-4 years to provide me with details of their transactions with robojo33 so I can track various nodes of information that is assisting my efforts, this thread resulted in additional information being provided to me from individuals who had not contacted me previously. Again, this is what I hoped would occur. :acclaim:

(8) In light of (6) and (7), yes, the list was useful.

(9) As numerous people have said, there is nothing negative about being on the list. Nuff said there.

(10) In light of history and a pattern of practice, I do not believe for a second that Dr. Watson's post was intended to do anything beyond taking a swipe at me because that is apparently what he enjoys doing for personal self-gratification. Well, I guess I just violated my own (2). See how easy that occurs. doh!

Of course, as I tell my spy clients, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean no one is trying to kill you. ;)

Of course, as I tell my spy clients, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean no one is trying to kill you. ;)

Careful there lawyer. A person licensed to practice medicine may infer your intent of above said as a threat! :baiting:

(4) Anyone who thinks that I need to receive overt praise for something I do or won't respond positively to constructive criticism does not know me personally. :gossip:

awwwwww... I think Marky needs a wittle hug :baiting:

(thumbs u

51gOoLrYFbL.jpg

(thumbs u

51gOoLrYFbL.jpg

lol

(thumbs u

hugs4mark.jpg

Fixed it!

(shrug)

(thumbs u

hugs4mark.jpg

Fixed it!

(shrug)

Only if you are a lesbian :shrug:

meh

Far too many big names on that list that had to have known what was up. I guess the lure of the "perfect book" is just too much for many to pass up, even when they know they are dealing with the "devil" himself.

Don't jump to too many conclusions, I don't think all those names are buyers, some may be sellers. Maybe sellers that didn't know who they were dealing with.

I say that because I am on the list and I am pretty sure I never bought from him, whether I knew who it was or not. And another name on that list is a non-boardie who I believe strictly sold, not bought, under that account name.

I have sold to him, but I am not on the list. (shrug)