• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IMPORTANT: You may have been DEFRAUDED if your ebay username is listed here!!!!

178 posts in this topic

well, I am not sure what all the fuss is about the list. As far as I understand about the list, if you are on it, you may have been defrauded. I am on it and I may have been defrauded. I have emailed Mark about my name on the list as well as forwarded him all my email exchanges with Robojo33 regarding my purchase and refund. There is no shame or guilt by association with being on that list. I bought 2 books from Robojo33. One was cheap and I still have it and one was quite expensive so I returned it after I joined this forum and learned about his scheming way. I have no idea if the book I kept is a PLOD...for certain it was over graded.

I personally want to thank Mark for working on this case...I have no idea who is paying for his time, certainly not me so if Mark's work can make life a little harder for Danny to continue his ways, then big kudos to him.

When the whole Ewert scandal broke, FT, Bronze Bruce and others posted a long list of ebay IDs of those who had purchased from Ewert. Groups of volunteers (I among them) contacted the buyers to apprise them of the free CGC recheck. It was a great effort.

In essence, the same exact thing Mark did, yet there was no "privacy concerns" in that instance. If anything, Mark should have given a bit more info at the very beginning rather than try to be "discreet." There is no "discreet" on a public message board.

Well, I guess if you didn't want to be outed as buying from Dupcak it's a little late now.

I'm sorry Doc, is there an issue here you wish to raise? (shrug)

It's an open forum, please by all means go right ahead and speak your mind. :hi:

That list is privileged information that not everyone has access to through normal channels. It is inappropriate to post it via a public forum. It can lead to assumptions concerning affiliation that are incorrect. If you are so concerned for those individuals welfare, then contact them privately on an individual basis as I'm sure you have their email addresses or other contact information at hand.

You are the one who first mentioned Dupcake. All Zaid said was you may have been defrauded if your ebay name was listed.

Sure, I did. It was that obvious even while experiencing a bought of indigestion over Olive Garden at 3 AM. My fault was the exclusive posting of the word "buying" when it can include both buyers and sellers. What else would Zaid be posting about on the CGC message board? There's nothing like insufficient and unclear information to get assumptions or even accusations rolling. One might as well get down to brass tacks. I admit being at fault, but two wrongs still don't make it right.

Yes, how about that Doc? I never mentioned any name associated with the list. Why you think it would be obvious it was Dupcak is your own thought process. I have gone after numerous members of the ebay community for fraud.

But its a good thing we have you as the moral police here to set me straight Doc as to what is appropriate or not!!!!! I'm so lucky to have a guardian angel. You're like my bestest friend. :luhv:

Please tell us then why did you post the names then? Who defraud them, if it wasnt Ducak?

Im pretty sure you are supposed to PM him if you are on the list :makepoint: Are you on the list? If not, who cares :whatev:

No I'm not on the list, but if it isn't Dupcak we all should know who it is to stay away from.

Trial and error, buy a book and see if you make an updated list :jokealert:

Honestly guys, I'm the first to rail on Mark (well maybe the second...you get my point) as I've got a history of doing so but all he asked was that you contact him if your name was on the list so that he can provide you with certain info because you may have been DEFRAUDED on eBay.

I think all Mark was trying to do was help people out.

Does no good deed go unpunished?

Wait, should I be worried if I bought something from someone on the list? Could I be a second-hand victim to whomever the original offender is?

This is some of the fallout Watson was worried about.

Honestly guys, I'm the first to rail on Mark (well maybe the second...you get my point) as I've got a history of doing so but all he asked was that you contact him if your name was on the list so that he can provide you with certain info because you may have been DEFRAUDED on eBay.

I can't believe you are even asking that question - the answer is NO! :sumo:

Do-gooders will be pursued, trampled and ridiculed. I think it's actually in the SOPs for general or something. :shrug:

Do-gooders will be pursued, trampled and ridiculed. I think it's actually in the SOPs for general or something. :shrug:

If you really want to get screwed offer a PSA here on the boards.

I'm proud to say that I stood up for you there just as I stood up for Mark here.

:grin:

That was Comics general at its lowest.

Dice can take the knees out of that thread if he really tries.

:roflmao:

Seriously.

Someone should create a warning thread to be locked for all to review before posting with CGC board "rules", or have an automatic message sent to someone when they sign up for the boards. They may reconsider or simply migrate directly to the other sections - if they know what is good for them!

It is a real shame that there are certain board members who feel the need to criticize any poster who does something that falls outside of their own moral compass, ethical parameters or simply is someone they don't like no matter the altruistic nature of the original post.

For whatever reason, perhaps deserved perhaps not, Doc Watson has taken a personal disdain to me. Anyone who frequents the boards knows it. To his credit I suppose, he admits it all the time. Such is life. We can't all be liked by everyone and life will go on. At least his posts enable me to have some sparring fun. lol

The important thing is that it won't detract me from trying to help members of our community from being victimized by fraud, and that is exactly what this thread was designed to accomplish.

Let's be clear as to some issues. Some of you have to understand that not everything needs or should be said on a public message board. The fact that someone wants or even would prefer more information does not entitle them to it or necessarily justify the posting.

Robojo33 reads these threads. Sometimes I want "him" to read what I write. Sometimes I don't want "him" to know what I am intending while I am gathering information. That is why I did not specify the origin of the information or tie it to a specific ebay username until Doc Watson took it upon himself to do so. Instead, I invited forumites to PM or e-mail me for additional information and those who did received a substantive response as well as provided me with helpful background information to use in the effort to help prevent future fraud.

For those who were concerned, and because I try my best to be as upfront as possible, the ebay usernames posted in this thread were culled from publicly available information. There is no privileged information in these names. Anyone could have obtained the information and in fact still can.

I was not aware, however, which individuals were buyers or sellers and did not realize until responses started coming in that both categories were included. Nor do I have anyone's e-mail information so there was no way for me to contact any individual directly. As anyone who uses Ebay knows, the system would have shut me down after sending messages to a few names, if it even allowed me to get that far, because I have not engaged in transactions with them. Instead, I brought the information to the best place possible - the CGC boards.

There is no harm or shame in being listed in this thread. Nor should anyone be concerned with doing business with anyone simply because that individual is listed in this thread.

It is unfortunate that the nature of the General Section for many, or at least some specific forumites, is to assume or allege the worst or demand things they are not entitled to receive. If anyone was offended by my posting the list of names, I am sorry something I did made you feel that way. If anyone feels I should have provided more information upfront, I respectfully disagree but I can understand why you feel that way.

I do my best to help the community where I can. I have no ulterior motives other than seeking to ensure we all operate in a safe and trusting environment in the hobby we love. (thumbs u

Nothing wrong with helping the community.

I demand however that your next case is to go after Marvel and make them only be allowed to release Moon Knight comics or comics that have Moon Knight in them. They can also release GI Joe if they obtain the license back.

:whee:

Personally, I think it was handled OK. There is often a "if there isn't a problem then we can make a problem" vibe to the boards and I don't mean that as a dig to anyone.