• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IMPORTANT: You may have been DEFRAUDED if your ebay username is listed here!!!!

178 posts in this topic

I guess if I bought from him I would be embarrassed that I made that stupid mistake and wouldn't want people to know that I was that stupid, I don't know if showing the list was the right way to go.

Thank god I'm not on the list :)

You shouldn't be ashamed about buying from Dupcak. He's a great and knowledgable guy to talk to, his work is quite slight, and his con is highly refined. If you're always afraid of snakes in the grass, you'll never run through another meadow... :whee:

Naw.. anybody who buys raw comics over a period of time is bound to get had at one time or another. No matter who it is. It just happens. It's not being stupid my man. The key is to keep it at a bare minimum.

I'm not on this list, but I've been had more than one time and I've made posts about it. mess happens.

I see your point, I still don't like the ideal of Zaid posting the list the way he did. Doc made a good point in saying the Zaid could of wrote an email to everyone.

So if I understand it correctly, the list includes ebay-users that bought and sold from/to Comickeys ? With some digging it would be easy to find out if people still sold their books to him months/years after they found out what he was doing to the books they sold him... hm

My name IS on the list, but I wasn't defrauded. (Only cause I only bought one book and sent it back as grossly over-graded and possibly trimmed...) :gossip:

From that perspective, nobody is ever defrauded by him who doesn't want to be--he always takes returns. I decided to keep my book to teach myself a lesson. :makepoint:

Well, I guess if you didn't want to be outed as buying from Dupcak it's a little late now.

I'm sorry Doc, is there an issue here you wish to raise? (shrug)

It's an open forum, please by all means go right ahead and speak your mind. :hi:

That list is privileged information that not everyone has access to through normal channels. It is inappropriate to post it via a public forum. It can lead to assumptions concerning affiliation that are incorrect. If you are so concerned for those individuals welfare, then contact them privately on an individual basis as I'm sure you have their email addresses or other contact information at hand.

You are the one who first mentioned Dupcake. All Zaid said was you may have been defrauded if your ebay name was listed.

Sure, I did. It was that obvious even while experiencing a bought of indigestion over Olive Garden at 3 AM. My fault was the exclusive posting of the word "buying" when it can include both buyers and sellers. What else would Zaid be posting about on the CGC message board? There's nothing like insufficient and unclear information to get assumptions or even accusations rolling. One might as well get down to brass tacks. I admit being at fault, but two wrongs still don't make it right.

And for anybody making 'associations'...

Back in the day (2002/03) I bought a couple of slabs from Danny and, I think, a raw DD #8?

However, in 05/06, I sold a handful of raw SA to an individual called 'Perry Stroud', whilst he was still simply buying and under the radar.

Anybody have any comments, observations or questions, feel free to PM me. (thumbs u

Well, I guess if you didn't want to be outed as buying from Dupcak it's a little late now.

It's an open forum, please by all means go right ahead and speak your mind. :hi:

That list is privileged information that not everyone has access to through normal channels. It is inappropriate to post it via a public forum. It can lead to assumptions concerning affiliation that are incorrect. If you are so concerned for those individuals welfare, then contact them privately on an individual basis as I'm sure you have their email addresses or other contact information at hand.

You are the one who first mentioned Dupcake. All Zaid said was you may have been defrauded if your ebay name was listed.

Sure, I did. It was that obvious even while experiencing a bought of indigestion over Olive Garden at 3 AM. My fault was the exclusive posting of the word "buying" when it can include both buyers and sellers. What else would Zaid be posting about on the CGC message board? There's nothing like insufficient and unclear information to get assumptions or even accusations rolling. One might as well get down to brass tacks. I admit being at fault, but two wrongs still don't make it right.

I don't know whether either of you are wrong. All I know is Zaid posted what he did. Then you posted what you did. And then it was off to the races.

drbanner

Yes, I've purchased from the "comic-keys" pedigree. :frustrated:

xmen18label_keys.jpg

:(

+1

I'm on the list from purchases way back in the day before joining the boards,and knowing any better.

Actually think i bought from "comic-keys" and "robojoe33" not even knowing they were the same person. doh!

Same here.

Really? It is? I do?

Pray tell why don't you be so kind as to explain on what basis you're saying this is so.

And write carefully my friend because people who don't know what they're talking about it when they talk make themselves look like fools. :popcorn:

Yes, how about that Doc? I never mentioned any name associated with the list. Why you think it would be obvious it was Dupcak is your own thought process. I have gone after numerous members of the ebay community for fraud.

But its a good thing we have you as the moral police here to set me straight Doc as to what is appropriate or not!!!!! I'm so lucky to have a guardian angel. You're like my bestest friend. :luhv:

Really? It is? I do?

Pray tell why don't you be so kind as to explain on what basis you're saying this is so.

And write carefully my friend because people who don't know what they're talking about it when they talk make themselves look like fools. :popcorn:

ShockedCat.gif

Yes, how about that Doc? I never mentioned any name associated with the list. Why you think it would be obvious it was Dupcak is your own thought process. I have gone after numerous members of the ebay community for fraud.

But its a good thing we have you as the moral police here to set me straight Doc as to what is appropriate or not!!!!! I'm so lucky to have a guardian angel. You're like my bestest friend. :luhv:

Please tell us then why did you post the names then? Who defraud them, if it wasnt Ducak?

Please tell us then why did you post the names then? Who defraud them, if it wasnt Ducak?

Im pretty sure you are supposed to PM him if you are on the list :makepoint: Are you on the list? If not, who cares :whatev:

That was a grown up response. :applause:

Honestly Mark, the first thing I thought of when I read your thread title was it must be some kind of update, or continuation to your recent Keys/Dupcak endeavors.

Anyone who has read the boards recently would probably associate this thread with your others about Danny. But since your initial post pretty much said nothing, people were left to fill in the blanks.

I looked at the list and did not see my name even though you knew I bought from Keys years ago, so I admit I was puzzled as to what this list was all about, and what certain information you were going to pass along to those on the list that you could not post about in the thread.

It was all very confusing, but I assume you had good reason to do so. Or maybe you didn't realize how people would react and run with this.

Doc was just being Doc and voicing his opinion over what he saw in front of him(and yes, to probably poke you with a stick or two) Be that right or completely wrong I don't know. But I would not fault him for assuming this was about your recent dealings with Danny boy. I did too.

So in an effort to redirect this back On Topic.

What is going on? What is this list compiled from?, and why can't you talk about it upfront so others not on the list know wtf is going on like those that are.

Im pretty sure you are supposed to PM him if you are on the list :makepoint: Are you on the list? If not, who cares :whatev:

No I'm not on the list, but if it isn't Dupcak we all should know who it is to stay away from.