• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IMPORTANT: You may have been DEFRAUDED if your ebay username is listed here!!!!

178 posts in this topic

Comic-keys (Richard Koos/Danny Dupcak) started selling on ebay in 2000, just as CGC was getting cranked up. Nobody knew who he was initially, and it wasn't until February of 2004 that he was publically outed by CBG ( read all about it) although members of this board figured it out before that, despite his presence here vehemently denying it until the cows came home. I know my purchase from him was in the early years of the 21st century (maybe 2001/2002?), so that list goes waaaayyyy back and I have to assume that there was some sort of discovery associated with the child support legal action that allowed this list to be obtained.

In September, 2003, "robojo33" (Perry Stroud lol ) joined ebay and started buying books left and right, and all (almost all?) his feedback from 9/03 through 2/07 came as a buyer. The link above links robojo to Comic-keys through property records. Robojo33 started selling in February of 2007, when did ebay start disallowing private feedback for sellers?

I doubt he's in cahoots with any other well-known or respected dealers/collectors these days as most everyone knows his schtick. As to who the current customers of Robojo are...who knows? I don't follow his auctions but I don't see any recognizable names (or known board members) on his recent feedback list. He also currently sells a lot of blue label slabs, so that gives him cred to collectors that don't know the real deal.

I made a list.... :banana:

Cal's?

You're on Cal's list and Santa's naughty list so you better watch out . . .

The only list that really counts is my wife's sh*tlist....and at the moment...I ain't on it... :shy:

Comic-keys (Richard Koos/Danny Dupcak) started selling on ebay in 2000, just as CGC was getting cranked up. Nobody knew who he was initially, and it wasn't until February of 2004 that he was publically outed by CBG ( read all about it) although members of this board figured it out before that, despite his presence here vehemently denying it until the cows came home. I know my purchase from him was in the early years of the 21st century (maybe 2001/2002?), so that list goes waaaayyyy back and I have to assume that there was some sort of discovery associated with the child support legal action that allowed this list to be obtained.

In September, 2003, "robojo33" (Perry Stroud lol ) joined ebay and started buying books left and right, and all (almost all?) his feedback from 9/03 through 2/07 came as a buyer. The link above links robojo to Comic-keys through property records. Robojo33 started selling in February of 2007, when did ebay start disallowing private feedback for sellers?

I doubt he's in cahoots with any other well-known or respected dealers/collectors these days as most everyone knows his schtick. As to who the current customers of Robojo are...who knows? I don't follow his auctions but I don't see any recognizable names (or known board members) on his recent feedback list. He also currently sells a lot of blue label slabs, so that gives him cred to collectors that don't know the real deal.

Yep, that was about the time I ALMOST bought a JLA 1, remember having the money order in the envelope and at the time, I was talking to a couple dealers and mentioned his name...got an earful that day, kept the money orders and told comickeys at that time, I had changed my mind...last time I even looked at anything from them.

Steve

Yep, that was about the time I ALMOST bought a JLA 1, remember having the money order in the envelope and at the time, I was talking to a couple dealers and mentioned his name...got an earful that day, kept the money orders and told comickeys at that time, I had changed my mind...last time I even looked at anything from them.

Steve

:headbang:

I didn't even send the X-men pictured earlier in to CGC until the bruhaha started and I took a closer look at my ebay records, then the book. It came back PLOD'ed and I contacted "Richard Koos" and he told me to send it back for a refund, it was probably a good 6+ months after I bought it but he took it back.

I still see Robojo with positive feedback like "Stands behind his product!", the MO has not changed.

I bought from Comic-Keys years ago, when he was still officially Fantazia, and still went by the Danny Dupcak name. We're talking 1987-89 here. According to Phil Levine(who I sold some of the books to), the books had work done to them. But boy did they look nice. All "high grade" GA Batman...

Wow, I never knew that he was part of Fantazia. I remember back in 1988 I had ordered an ASM # 6 and #15 in NM with the money I made bagging groceries over the summer :preach: It was supposed to be my first big purchase, actually I guess it was since I did spend all of my money. I saved and saved to buy those books. In the end they never arrived :( I refused to buy comics through the mail after that. It's taken me 22 years to start buying comics in the mail again and I still don't have a #6 or #15. At least now I know who it was :censored:

I bought from Comic-Keys years ago, when he was still officially Fantazia, and still went by the Danny Dupcak name. We're talking 1987-89 here. According to Phil Levine(who I sold some of the books to), the books had work done to them. But boy did they look nice. All "high grade" GA Batman...

Wow, I never knew that he was part of Fantazia. I remember back in 1988 I had ordered an ASM # 6 and #15 in NM with the money I made bagging groceries over the summer :preach: It was supposed to be my first big purchase, actually I guess it was since I did spend all of my money. I saved and saved to buy those books. In the end they never arrived :( I refused to buy comics through the mail after that. It's taken me 22 years to start buying comics in the mail again and I still don't have a #6 or #15. At least now I know who it was :censored:

That is awful...

:sorry:

From one Spidey fan to another...

That SUPA SUX!

(thumbs u

I've bought from him but am not on the list.

(shrug)

SAME! :o ebay username is "fantastic-four", although I did buy from him as comic-keys and it was quite a while ago, I think in 2001 or 2002.

From one Spidey fan to another...

That SUPA SUX!

(thumbs u

From one human to another...

That BLOWS CHUNKS! That's what nooses are for. Unreal that another could cheat others like that.

-bounty

I've bought from him but am not on the list.

(shrug)

SAME! :o ebay username is "fantastic-four", although I did buy from him as comic-keys and it was quite a while ago, I think in 2001 or 2002.

Did you guys pay for your purchases using Paypal? hm

That totally sucks. :P I always got books from him when I ordered, but there was always a hitch. Either the book had restoration(something I was unaware of at the time), or I'd get something worth less money(ie, the Canadian edition of BATMAN #50 that was only 32 pages instead of 52). He did refund the money on the #50 when I complained.

In those days, he had an inventory like Metro does today. If I called and asked for a book(say, any GA number of Batman or 'Tec) he always had it. And always in "VF/NM"(but manufactured to be such).

Querstion to the folks that had trimmed/CTed books...

After the book came back PLOD, could you then see work had been done? Or was it good enough that you still would not have been able to spot it? Just curious as to the "quality" of the work.

Well, I guess if you didn't want to be outed as buying from Dupcak it's a little late now.

I'm sorry Doc, is there an issue here you wish to raise? (shrug)

It's an open forum, please by all means go right ahead and speak your mind. :hi: