• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whats a safe dollar amount for buying on the boards?

37 posts in this topic

I have sold high dollar books ($1500) and spent high dollars ($450) on books I have wanted. I have NEVER been burned on a sale or purchase here (I hope I have not jinxed myself!)

I LOVE THE CGC BOARDS!! (I have been drinking...... lol ) (thumbs u

:banana: Chris

Before I found this place I seldom spent more than $100 on a comic. Now, thanks to boardflation $100 doesn't make me blink and the price of the "fix" is much higher.

Before buying an expensive book check out the kudos thread and the probation thread. Also watch for sellers that seem to sell without resistance; they have built up a loyal buyer base by selling quality books at fair prices and by providing good customer service.

Before I found this place I seldom spent more than $100 on a comic. Now, thanks to boardflation $100 doesn't make me blink and the price of the "fix" is much higher.

Before buying an expensive book check out the kudos thread and the probation thread. Also watch for sellers that seem to sell without resistance; they have built up a loyal buyer base by selling quality books at fair prices and by providing good customer service.

I know right! I remember the days when 50-100 dollars was my threshold,then 250.00 after that.I can't believe I have spent up to 5K on a book now.Where does it end,the answere is it never does Bwahahahaha :devil:

To answere your question,if I trust you there is no limits. I trust almost everyone on the boards (thumbs u

I had one bad experience where someone scammed me on a $15-$20 book---never shipped it. I've purchased thousands of dollars worth of books here over the 3+ years I've been here, and I've sold hundreds of dollars of books here as well.

At the end of the day, feedback and reputation means more here than it does eBay in my opinion. People care about how they are perceived and are less inclined to cut corners and look for a cheap buck. Doesn't mean it won't happen here because it will, but I just happen to think the likelihood is lessen when you have a greater community behind the marketplace.

I've bought a $700 book before and a $900 book. Still looking to break through that grand mark, but I need the right stuff first. (thumbs u

Andy

I had one bad experience where someone scammed me on a $15-$20 book---never shipped it. I've purchased thousands of dollars worth of books here over the 3+ years I've been here, and I've sold hundreds of dollars of books here as well.

At the end of the day, feedback and reputation means more here than it does eBay in my opinion. People care about how they are perceived and are less inclined to cut corners and look for a cheap buck. Doesn't mean it won't happen here because it will, but I just happen to think the likelihood is lessen when you have a greater community behind the marketplace.

(thumbs u

:banana:Chris

As others have said, you'll get to know reputations here and the sellers for the most part are excellent. We get a bad apple once in a while, but they don't tend to stick around.

If you're uncertain, I believe it's ok to PM the seller and ask for references and maybe an eBay user name so you can do a little research before committing to a big purchase.

I trust these guys with more than I am actually interested in spending. If I did have the money and was interested in a high priced item I would rather get it here than anywhere else on the net

I've bought books from .......

MrBedrock

I know him. He's pretty good.

I dont have a cap as to what I would spend here. All of my most expensive purchases were made here, and have sold thousands of dollars worth of books. I tend to not post as much as I used to (and I believe that has effected my sales threads), but constantly am buying and selling still. These forums have some great sellers, honest grading (for the most part), and consistently offer or help locate books. As a whole this is the best place to buy comics.

The most I've spent is 2200 on one book on the boards. I don't hesitate to buy on the boards, because most of the sales threads are started by the same small subset of boardies. I've had very, very few problems. This is about the safest place w/ the best grading (though not perfect always...) to be found. Ask for board references from the seller if you're interested in a book. Most of the folks that have been here more than a year or two are well known.