• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

back from CGC- guess the AF# 15

39 posts in this topic

here's the first book i'm posting post CGC. it's my Orange, NJ off-the-rack AF# 15. guess what CGC gave it. i think you'll agree that it's very nice but there are a few things i need to clue you in on that aren't visible in the scans.

i must have folded it once because there is the faintest (almost invisible until you hold the book at just the right angle) non-color breaking "fold" running down the middle. (it's barely visible by the T in fantasy and the hoods left leg). in addition there's a squiggly impact crease running from the N in amazing down and to the S in fantasy. (again - barely visible without angling the book). and there are two faint creases ; a 2 incher that runs from spideys insignia to his left armpit and a secong 1 incher just over that running along the black of his left underarm. (they both look like hairs that have landed on him). the back is almost flawless.

page quality graded as off-white- white. Guess??? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif oh - the little white dot on his chest was on the scanner.

1077156928701_AF_15.jpg

1077044472636_AF_15_001.jpg

5.5 because of the defects you listed. Looks like an 8.5 in the scan though. cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif That's my grail you have there, Burnt. Your collection is almost enough to make me want to leave the law and study to become a cat burglar. thumbsup2.gif

****** Edit ********

I want to change my answer to 5.0-5.5. I had a chance to look at the OGG since I originally posted. Still jealous too. Burnt, if there's ever anything I can do for you that will get me written into your will, please let me know.

****** End Edit *******

i must have folded it once because there is the faintest

foreheadslap.gif 6.5 893scratchchin-thumb.gif how old were you back then when you bought them off the rack?

i bought this one when i was 14 - ironically, it's virtually the only one to suffer that particular fate - go figure 893frustrated.gif

Does the book have the incredible color in person it appears to have in the scan?? Dark browns, deep reds, heavy blacks...great registration, your best gem yet! thumbsup2.gif

You do realize there's a sub crease running down the middle of the cover, right? That combined with the other crease he mentioned and the stress viewable in the scan definately knocks it way out of the F/VF range IMO.

Brian

You do realize there's a sub crease running down the middle of the cover, right? That combined with the other crease he mentioned and the stress viewable in the scan definately knocks it way out of the F/VF range IMO.

Brian

You do realize his post said "i must have folded it once because there is the faintest (almost invisible until you hold the book at just the right angle) non-color breaking "fold" running down the middle," right?

Okay, wat's the CGC grade?