• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STOLENCOMIC.COM - Website to report or search for stolen comic books started
4 4

55 posts in this topic

Hi  - Picking up an old thread.

Last month, my car was broken into in the middle of the night.

The most unfortunate loss was my PC, a laptop that was used to back up family pictures and personal creative work which is irreplaceable.

But most pertinent to this thread, was a comic that I had just sold on ebay for $350 and was packed to be shipped (Omega Men #3 CGC graded 9.8).

Does anyone know the best way to be on the look out for the serial # for this book?

On 4/24/2023 at 9:45 AM, camera73 said:

The most unfortunate loss was my PC, a laptop that was used to back up family pictures and personal creative work which is irreplaceable.

But most pertinent to this thread, was a comic that I had just sold on ebay for $350 and was packed to be shipped (Omega Men #3 CGC graded 9.8).

Does anyone know the best way to be on the look out for the serial # for this book?

most likely this was a drug addict and that they will try to unload it at a comic retail store 

On 4/24/2023 at 1:55 PM, Ed Hanes said:

most likely this was a drug addict and that they will try to unload it at a comic retail store 

I'm almost certain that this was true. The big question is: in 2023 have we come any closer to tracking stolen CGC books as they enter the market?

On 4/24/2023 at 10:59 AM, camera73 said:

I'm almost certain that this was true. The big question is: in 2023 have we come any closer to tracking stolen CGC books as they enter the market?

I dont think so..unfortunately, you will pretty much have to do all the leg work

On 4/24/2023 at 12:45 PM, camera73 said:

I'm sorry to hear about this! Good luck and check local shops!!

On 4/25/2023 at 11:54 PM, ivegotneatstuff said:

I can turn it back on .,. but the code got outdated

STOLEN comic from Mike's Comics booth # 1422 *Thursday April 27, 2023 Calgary Expo:

Incredible Hulk 181 Cgc 3.5 blue label.

Seems like at least 2 crooks working together to access Mike's comic wall rack to grab the slab. Send any info or leads to Mike via text/phone 1-403-383-1645 Calgary, AB, Canada, email mivanusic @ hotmail.com or via Facebook (fb) messenger Mirko Ivanusic please.

@kimik @greggy @joeypost @thehumantorch @Fan Boy @500Club @Quicksilver Signs

Edited by aardvark88
Correction: Thursday.

On 4/27/2023 at 8:08 PM, aardvark88 said:

STOLEN comic from Mike's Comics booth # 1422 Friday April 27, 2023 Calgary Expo:

Seems like at least 2 crooks working together to access Mike's comic wall rack to grab the slab. Send any info or leads to Mike via text/phone 1-403-383-1645 Calgary, AB, Canada, email mivanusic @ hotmail.com or via Facebook (fb) messenger Mirko Ivanusic please.

Correction - it is Thursday today. And it’s crazy to become awake that there were two Beagle Boys wandering to grab that book. Think I had seen this booth while I browsed through bins?  How long before Mike noticed it’s missing, I wonder? I was in the show from 2 pm til 7 pm then go back to my suite to rest for evening.

On 4/27/2023 at 8:16 PM, Fan Boy said:

it’s crazy to become awake that there were two Beagle Boys wandering to grab that book. Think I had seen this booth while I browsed through bins?  How long before Mike noticed it’s missing, I wonder?

Not sure how long it was before Mike's Comics realized his Hulk 181 Cgc 3.5 was lifted. Just heard from House of Markus that another vendor at Calgary Expo had something stolen April 27, 2023. Not sure if it was a valuable comic or statue in a box.

On 4/28/2023 at 12:08 PM, aardvark88 said:

STOLEN comic from Mike's Comics booth # 1422 *Thursday April 27, 2023 Calgary Expo:

Some of your tags didn't work. 

@kimik @greggy @joeypost @thehumantorch

There you go. 

On 4/27/2023 at 9:48 PM, aardvark88 said:

Not sure how long it was before Mike's Comics realized his Hulk 181 Cgc 3.5 was lifted. Just heard from House of Markus that another vendor at Calgary Expo had something stolen April 27, 2023. Not sure if it was a valuable comic or statue in a box.

Seems there was also a x-men 2 and a fantastic four 12 stolen today from 2 other booths at this show.  Hope these guys are caught

On 4/29/2023 at 12:42 AM, thehumantorch said:

Seems there was also a x-men 2 and a fantastic four 12 stolen today from 2 other booths at this show.  Hope these guys are caught

As a further update a booth that had a book stolen yesterday was hit again today for a large set of books and then a few hours later a Superman #2.  @thirdgreenham who has a booth across from that dealer immediately noticed the missing book and a suspicious looking dude leaving and chased him down and managed to recover the book.  Hopefully he'll come to the thread and provide more information.  The booth was very vulnerable because it was very open and lots of people were milling around and it was a crooks paradise.  The owner then blocked access and hopefully realized they would have to change how they build a booth in the future.

Edited by thehumantorch

On 4/27/2023 at 8:48 PM, aardvark88 said:

Mike's Comics realized his Hulk 181 Cgc 3.5 was lifted. Just heard from House of Markus that another vendor at Calgary Expo had something stolen April 27, 2023.

Hulk 181 Cgc 3.5 with MVS, Cgc blue label cert # 4197178015.