• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Search words you use to find comic books on the web

51 posts in this topic

I normally type in the full title of the comic and then tag a keyword(s) like comic or TPB or Comic Review to the end of the query. Sometimes I will add the writers or artist name I don't yield expected results. No real magic just my own stupic logic.

Thank you! (worship)

When I am searching on ebay, I rarely go to the comics section. I do a search in all sections. You would be suprised at the nice comics you can find in other sections. 5 years or so ago, I got a VF FC #178 (first app. of Uncle Scrooge) for $175

I normally type in the full title of the comic and then tag a keyword(s) like comic or TPB or Comic Review to the end of the query. Sometimes I will add the writers or artist name I don't yield expected results. No real magic just my own stupic logic.

Thank you! (worship)

No problem but you should ask how you search on different engines or venues. :baiting: I am sure everyone searches different between craigslist, ebay, or generic search engine.

Thank you! (worship)

No problem but you should ask how you search on different engines or venues. :baiting: I am sure everyone searches different between craigslist, ebay, or generic search engine.

I was thinking along the lines of a Google Search.

For e-bay, I keep 99 searches going at all times. Most of these are trying to find

some of the dratted DC variants. Some wind up with hits almost every day and,

after two years searching, have still not turned up a hit on the perverted version

I am hunting for.

Wish I could run 200 searches. (I am too lazy to create a second e-bay persona

just to run more searches. I spend enough time as it is going through the search

generated e-mails.)

I use ComicSeeker.com The only downside is that it hasn't updated the links for bedrockcity comics and there are some dealers listed there who continually do NOT update their websites. Still, it makes searching the major online dealers much easier.

"All sales final" "items sold as is" "you decide the grade from the scan" "no international bidders" "payment must be made immediately".

Seriously, I stick to particular titles - on ebay for example there are enough saveable searches that about 10 - 15 core titles are adequate.

Oh, c'mon!

All the clever people hereabouts and I'm the only one who uses the following?

HUGE LOT

ATTIC

BASEMENT

GRANDFATHER

GRANDMOTHER

I've lost track of how many accumulations of 80's and 90's crapola I've found that way!

I use ComicSeeker.com The only downside is that it hasn't updated the links for bedrockcity comics and there are some dealers listed there who continually do NOT update their websites. Still, it makes searching the major online dealers much easier.

doh! I know! I know!

If you see me posting later tonight, yell at me and I'll start to fix things up. I gotta get the kids ready for bed, after some Mario Kart racing with my 9 year old. Then, I'll get on it.

doh! I know! I know!

If you see me posting later tonight, yell at me and I'll start to fix things up. I gotta get the kids ready for bed, after some Mario Kart racing with my 9 year old. Then, I'll get on it.

Dude, play with your kids. All of this is a distance third place. I'd play with my boy right now if I could so no worries!

doh! I know! I know!

Dude, play with your kids. All of this is a distance third place. I'd play with my boy right now if I could so no worries!

Oh yeah. The kids come first. We played Super Mario Bros for an hour then I read them a story.

Then, I took 15 minutes to fix what you asked.

- deleted ComicVendor

- fixed Bedrock

- fixed Quality Comix

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.