• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why have so many old timers left the boards?

130 posts in this topic

Soon, you'll get married and you'll be back :lol:

I don't think I'll get back into high dollar comics. I'm not willing to sink a lot of money into them after seeing so many high dollar books being manipulated into even higher dollar books that were hard enough to afford in the first place. She's already promised me my own room to hang my art. She hates my Michael Myers painting.

Oh and I do agree with a lot of other posters that the quality and redundancy of the discussion has also lead to my lower activity on the boards. I know I'm a newb because I'm not class of 02. I almost joined in December of 2002 but didn't like and wasn't used to the format of the boards at the time, and ! was hanging out on the ComicsPriceGuide message boards instead. :tonofbricks:

For the vast majority of people, collecting funny books is a transitory hobby and they drift back when new and interesting things are happening (CGC, comic movies, etc.) and the prices are running hot, then drift away again when it's not so good and the hobby starts to get boring again.

If you're a long-term collector then you know this is the way it's always been - look at how many left the hobby in the mid-90's only to return in the 2000's when speculation reared its ugly head once again - most people are like moths to the flame.

Sad but very, very true.

we still have Joe (thumbs u

That's cause no one can get rid of him....

:whistle:

JC'll stick around until the crash so he can say: "Told you so" and then disappear into the night :baiting:

Laughing maniacally...?

612aef95-66f3-403a-98d8-92da27c101f8.jpg

(Hey, it all ties back to Andrew Lloyd Webber, dunnit?)

Because its all the same, and because people can't find the search button.

Here's a hint, noobs, this board is made up of exceptionally knowledgeable people who have been here for eight years. We've already talked about how amazinglyawesomethecensusisohmygodicantbelievethecensusnumberswhyisnttherea9.8forthatbookohmygoddidyousethatbidohmygodchuckrozanskiisathtiefblahblahblahblahblahblah.

Because its all the same, and because people can't find the search button.

Here's a hint, noobs, this board is made up of exceptionally knowledgeable people who have been here for eight years. We've already talked about how amazinglyawesomethecensusisohmygodicantbelievethecensusnumberswhyisnttherea9.8forthatbookohmygoddidyousethatbidohmygodchuckrozanskiisathtiefblahblahblahblahblahblah.

Damn it. Do ya HAVE ta spoil the scroll...?

:/

Seems to me that in the last year or two a bunch of long time posters have..well.....quit posting.

Anyone know why that may be?

As shocking as you may find this, they manage to discover something more entertaining than collecting comics. :o

:applause:

Seems to me that in the last year or two a bunch of long time posters have..well.....quit posting.

As shocking as you may find this, they manage to discover something more entertaining than collecting comics. :o

:applause:

It all comes back to boobies.

I am a n00b here who is somehow resisting a wise remark....

We all love a wise- remark . . . :)

I prefer wise-*fork* remarks, personally...

RMA your on fire tonight :flamed:

Don't worry, someone'll come along with a fire extinguisher soon enough...

Is the the pressing issues that has divided the collecting community?

Or am I just imagining this?

There's a boardie serial killer? Frankenstein. ???

Facebookenstein

Facebookenstein

aka... Moronstein

Facebookenstein

aka... Moronstein

lol

At least according to Betty White

JC'll stick around until the crash so he can say: "Told you so" and then disappear into the night :baiting:

For a lot of books, the crash is upon us, and tons of mid-SA up is tanking with all but the ultra-highest grade. It's just a matter of time for the rest, as you can't have a mini-industry of mass pressers manipulating the market with some after shocks.

Soon, you'll get married and you'll be back :lol:

You don't have a custom title...

hm

Everyone from 2002-03 should have one by now....

Maybe a poll is in order....

I used to have one, but it was taken away.