• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Torpedo Comics Out of Business?

51 posts in this topic

Initative Sub-mariner, # 1 signed by Michael Turner, CGC signature series $2 , other graded stuff $2 $1 hehehe Wow a bunch of OA for Superman, Batman, Hulk, XMen,SPawn etc ... $1 each a bunch of graded stuff and vintage books...

Initative Sub-mariner, # 1 signed by Michael Turner, CGC signature series $2 , other graded stuff $2 $1 hehehe Wow a bunch of OA for Superman, Batman, Hulk, XMen,SPawn etc ... $1 each a bunch of graded stuff and vintage books...

But it's an auction that runs another week right? Those are just opening bids.

My 2 cents. Someone who bought a bunch of bulk, thought he could get $1.00 per book on run of the mill drek. Found out building a web site, sorting comics, grading comics, paying overhead of a warehouse, overhead of warehouse staff, customer service, was greater than the cost of the books, never turned a profit, now it all must go....

I think John made/makes his money on higher-priced books than quarter-bin fodder. He picked up that Action #1 last year for 316K for one of his clients.

No, I think John makes his money being a ROCK STAR :headbang:

Boooooooya :devil: