• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Torpedo Comics Out of Business?

51 posts in this topic

I think John made/makes his money on higher-priced books than quarter-bin fodder. He picked up that Action #1 last year for 316K for one of his clients.

No, I think John makes his money being a ROCK STAR :headbang:

Drummer in System Of A Down wasn't he?

Not that long ago they were on eBay trying to sell a lot of half a million comics or something like that. Crazy amount, several truckloads. Too bad, I never got to order from them but their Vault was full of neat stuff :sorry:

So not the way to do this. The lots should have been grouped so as to make it worthwhile to dealers/wholesalers

There are going to be a lot of problems if bidders only win 7 things, and they thought they were going to have it be worth the trip.

I think John made/makes his money on higher-priced books than quarter-bin fodder. He picked up that Action #1 last year for 316K for one of his clients.
:cry:

No, I think John makes his money being a ROCK STAR :headbang:

Boooooooya :devil:

When was the last time that band went on tour, and how much does a drummer that probably doesn't write the songs make, anyways (for a fairly inactive band) ? (shrug)

I heard the fella auditioned for the Smashing Pumpkins, and didn't make the cut.

Either way, that sucks they had to go out of business. That tall dude with the accent was pretty cool at the conventions.

john has made millions upon millions. pretty much all five albums are at least platinum. toxicity has sold 12 million copies worldwide. last album went number #1 when it came out in 2005.

record labels usually pay the band a few cents on the dollar for each album sold, divide that with the band, and the chief song writers etc

Performance royalties ( by being in the band) aren't that huge, maybe some compositions help, and of course touring, where the merch comes in handy, and promoter/label pay offs.

Still, not as lucrative as one would think.

Look at the former members of the Smiths, and the great former guitarist of the Rolling Stones, Mick Taylor, Although the "glimmer twins" aka jagger and richards, (well known plagiarists), screwed him out of his song writing credits etc

Still, I wish the folk at Torpedo all the best.

record labels usually pay the band a few cents on the dollar for each album sold, divide that with the band, and the chief song writers etc

Performance royalties ( by being in the band) aren't that huge, maybe some compositions help, and of course touring, where the merch comes in handy, and promoter/label pay offs.

Still, not as lucrative as one would think.

Look at the former members of the Smiths, and the great former guitarist of the Rolling Stones, Mick Taylor, Although the "glimmer twins" aka jagger and richards, (well known plagiarists), screwed him out of his song writing credits etc

Still, I wish the folk at Torpedo all the best.

The average recording artist gets about 8-9% off every cd unit sold. With four members on the band, it's safe to say that John has made more than a couple of million dollars out of Toxicity's sales alone (even if he wasn't one of the songwriters).

Well here is what their home page says right now:

torpedo_closing.jpg

"Re-organization" is oftentimes code for "going out of business but can't or don't want to quite say it yet." But, on a positive note, the pretty gal with the huge tool in her hand looks like she's doing alright.

But, on a positive note, the pretty gal with the huge tool in her hand looks like she's doing alright.

How so? Apparently she can't even afford a shirt with sleeves or a midriff, nor pants with legs. The poor girl is most likely on the bleeding edge of starvation! Apparently she's so broke she has Rob Liefeld drawing her hands, and he didn't even give her any pouches.