• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman collecting thread
1 1

750 posts in this topic

Here are scans a few more of my Detective Comics:

16-08-201173528PM.jpg

16-08-201173533PM.jpg

16-08-201173540PM.jpg

16-08-201173553PM.jpg

:cool:

Hepcat,

Awesome books. (thumbs u I recall seeing #309 at a LCS a few years back. It was really low grade however, so I never did pick it up.

I picked this book up at a LCS in the early 2000's, they had it hanging on the wall and priced very reasonably.

June 65

DETC_340.jpg

I looked and looked for a nice Detective #205. As a child I had read the Batman story in an annual and only a long time later saw the cover for this issue. In the mid 1990s I finally found a #205 not too low grade but it had very tanned pages. Found another in 1999 with nice pages but cover creases. Finally, I saw this on Metropolis site around ten years ago, called them, expecting the book to be gone, but here it is. I would be surprised to ever see a nicer copy but who knows?

DetectiveComics205.jpg

Steel City

Love that Detective 205. I've alwayswanted a nice copy. I also like the Batman 92 with the first appearance of Bat Hound. Great Books!! PS--Thanks for your nice comments on my books. I appreciate when collectors can enjoy each others' books. That's the fun part of the hobby!

SLR

Edited by Stevenrams

It's a nice one alright. It looks better than an 8.0 from the pic.

(thumbs u

I called CGC today for the graders' notes. Actually I was positive it would get an 8.0 because there is a little wear on the spine that cannot be seen in this scan. However, the first grader gave it an 8.5 and the other two--including the primary grader gave it the 8.0.

I still can't get over the colors on that 230. What a sweet book.
Thanks for your comments. It's definitely one of my favorite books and very hard to find in 8.0 or above.

SLR

I lucked out with a 6.0(which I overpaid for). Yours looks like it just ran off the presses.

P8250321.jpg

I would have like liked a 9.0 of this book but then this copy came to my attention. I love the white pages which was one reason I bought it and the bright reds which look better in hand than in the scan (And I'm sure the book would like even better in a mylar, but I don't crack open my books) Slabbing is expensive when it comes time to reslabb. I've wanted Catwoman's origin for a long time. The story is reprinted in the paperback "Batman in the Fifties" which I bought at an LCS for 75% off cover price.

P8250321.jpg

I would have like liked a 9.0 of this book but then this copy came to my attention. I love the white pages which was one reason I bought it and the bright reds which look better in hand than in the scan (And I'm sure the book would like even better in a mylar, but I don't crack open my books) Slabbing is expensive when it comes time to reslabb. I've wanted Catwoman's origin for a long time. The story is reprinted in the paperback "Batman in the Fifties" which I bought at an LCS for 75% off cover price.

Looks a very colorful copy. Nice book to own.

I opened an ebay account back in 2000 especially to be able to bid on Lee Hester's Palo Alto collection. I really wanted the Bat #62 but, alas, was not successful.