• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman collecting thread
1 1

750 posts in this topic

In my opinion, the most important book I have ever held, and possibly the most famous and beautiful cover ever produced by the king of comic art, Bob Kane. This is the best Christmas present I have ever got. My father bought this for me, the best dad in the world. :applause:

Slight A (best case resto).

I am still in awe to hold a Batman 1.

119409.jpg.f8b8bcd4f029a307ac16a20b7ef38e1c.jpg

119410.jpg.eafd7cc2faac2a9bc673a6efaf1ba61b.jpg

119411.jpg.56b66773c816f3d96ffb3b862a4c0133.jpg

119412.jpg.715fe330f853ce6d74a2a568105ac406.jpg

119413.jpg.de77179613d0fc6fa11035252a011905.jpg

In my opinion, the most important book I have ever held, and possibly the most famous and beautiful cover ever produced by the king of comic art, Bob Kane. This is the best Christmas present I have ever got. My father bought this for me, the best dad in the world. :applause:

I'll trade you dads

I'll trade you dads

Wait, I'm sure we have more collectors who share this thought. We could have a bidding war to be "adopted". :hi:

Amazing book by the way! :cloud9:

I'll trade you dads

Wait, I'm sure we have more collectors who share this thought. We could have a bidding war to be "adopted". :hi:

Amazing book by the way! :cloud9:

Or a fight to the death?

119409.jpg

An amazing gift and must be so awesome to hold in hand. :headbang::applause:(worship)

119409.jpg

An amazing gift and must be so awesome to hold in hand. :headbang::applause:(worship)

Jesus and I thought my father was awesome when he gave me a Mickey Mantle signed baseball for christmas back in 93. I don't care what grade it is that book is impressive in every way imaginable. (worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

Awesome!

Congrats and make sure you buy your Pops a drink of his choice (or two). (thumbs u

Thanks guys! It has been a long road putting together this run. Yeah, 118 is super tough to find above VG. Group shot? I might need to get on the roof to get all books in one shot! lol I still have holes to fill between 100-113 and upgrades to make though...

With this comic I now have a 600 issue run of Batman (113-713). Not the best looking copy, but it will do for now til I find one in Fine or better.

6588294807_8954c194e5_b.jpg

The colors look very nice on this copy. Congrats! :applause:

P8250318.jpg

...early fifties so I guess technically they're not Silver Age, but I wouldn't classify them as Golden Age either. I never did agree with the precise nomenclature anyway. Just my opinion.

Well my opinion is that you have one fabulous comic there! It's a great cover and it's in incredible condition for its age!

(worship)

With this comic I now have a 600 issue run of Batman (113-713). Not the best looking copy, but it will do for now til I find one in Fine or better.

6588294807_8954c194e5_b.jpg

Congratulations! That's not such a bad looking copy either.

How long have you been pecking away at your Batman run?

???

Awesome!

Congrats and make sure you buy your Pops a drink of his choice (or two). (thumbs u

+1