• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman collecting thread
1 1

750 posts in this topic

100_2616.jpg

I've always loved that cover! It's another Detective I need to pick up for my collection.

(thumbs u

I know, same here. and its a pretty good and interesting story. and ive been looking for it for awhile now. there was even a couple on the for sale thread at decent prices that i missed so i was pretty excited when i saw it. i snatched it up not even knowing the price. he only charged me $40 for it.

frozentundra- ive got the negative batman on the way to my house. i love the "psychadelic" detective covers.

This isnt my copy but thought id share it so people can see how cool it is.

Detective_284-01_fc.jpg

Edited by excelsior1986

100_2616.jpg

I've always loved that cover! It's another Detective I need to pick up for my collection.

(thumbs u

I know, same here. and its a pretty good and interesting story. and ive been looking for it for awhile now. there was even a couple on the for sale thread at decent prices that i missed so i was pretty excited when i saw it. i snatched it up not even knowing the price. he only charged me $40 for it.

frozentundra- ive got the negative batman on the way to my house. i love the "psychadelic" detective covers.

This isnt my copy but thought id share it so people can see how cool it is.

Detective_284-01_fc.jpg

Ive had #284 on my list for quite a while, now with #275 added the queue is not too long,and it's been a while since I have added a Detective Comic to my collection. I find I gravitate to covers with the Batmobile. but have others also.

This one's kind of different, the flying Bat-Cave.

One small issue, who pilot's the Bat-Cave when both Batman and Robin bail? :grin:

DET_317.jpg

That is another good one. I think i may have read that story in an annual. if its the one im thinking about, batman has to make a deal with some mobsters to not set foot in gotham for 24 hours so they create a flying batcave. they never said anything about who flys it when theyre kicking faces in.

heres another cool cover. i picked this one up on sat.

again, this isnt my copy, just a pic off google

15_WF_139.jpg

Got this one on my front doorstep today.

100_2636.jpg

It's great how the skating movement and dust clouds come to life on this cover. :grin:

I just picked up a few issues of Action Comics this week. I will have to see if I can corner a few more Detective or Batman books in the near future. It's all about focus, after all. :cool:

More batmans i picked up yesterday. My LCS has been getting these in left and right.

100_2654.jpg

First silver age penguin for $5 because of a coupon cut on the letters page? YES PLEASE!!! (Best 5 bucks ive spent in a while.)

100_2655.jpg

100_2656.jpg

Ive been hunting for this detective for awhile now, and the shop got two of them in for me to choose from so i was pretty excited about this one too.

100_2657.jpg

I know,. I have been watching for the Zebra and the Negative Batman, but can't find one I like as of yet.

Here is a "new look" cover. This might be the third or fourth entry of these if memory serves me correctly.

One thing is for certain, the cover colors appear to be richer and brighter than many of the Detective comics I have seen.

DET_329.jpg

More batmans i picked up yesterday. My LCS has been getting these in left and right.

100_2656.jpg

That was the issue that topped my Batman most wanted list until I scored a nice enough copy five or six years ago. Not only do I remember buying that at Ken's Variety on Wharncliffe Road as a kid, but the cover is just so wild!

Here is a "new look" cover. This might be the third or fourth entry of these if memory serves me correctly.

It's the third. The first was Detective 327.

:cool:

Edited by Hepcat

100_2656.jpg

That was the issue that topped my Batman most wanted list until I scored a nice enough copy five or six years ago. Not only do I remember buying that at Ken's Variety on Wharncliffe Road as a kid, but the cover is just so wild!

It's the third. The first was Detective 327.

:cool:

Thanks Hepcat, I knew I was in the "ballpark". :grin:

Excelsior, Your very fortunate that you LCS is getting in S.A. Batman books. I vistit one nearby where I live and it's like watching a glacier move... not much changes. zzz

100_2616.jpg

(thumbs u

Great cover. :headbang: I'm adding that one to my want list along with #284, the "Negative Batman".

I've never seen this cover before. It is kewl!

This is one of my earlier Detective books. I dont believe I have posted this before.

Tha Planet Master has a utility belt that has the Batman on the run. :flamed:

Detective_296.jpg

The Planet Master looks very similar to a certain Kree warrior's first outfit. A pretty cool looking book.

100_2656.jpg

:

It is an awesome cover, and a great story to go with it.

Excelsior, Your very fortunate that you LCS is getting in S.A. Batman books. I vistit one nearby where I live and it's like watching a glacier move... not much changes. zzz

lol, thats to bad. I know how hard the older ones are to find at LCS though, before they started getting these in, they were next to impossible to find.