• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman collecting thread
1 1

750 posts in this topic

That Zebra cover is wicked!

This is my "biggest"batbook.Beat but complete,and has

the origin of Robin's costume in it to boot.

I have a few Canadian and Australian ish's if anyone would like to see.

comics018.jpg

The Detective 226 is very hard to find in any grade. It is much more difficult to locate than a 225. I have a raw copy too, probably about 3.5 or 3.0 and I'm very happy with it. It's a great book. Congrats!!

The Detective 226 is very hard to find in any grade. It is much more difficult to locate than a 225.

Non-keys are almost invariably much more difficult to find than the keys.

:preach:

+1

Agreed. Its the obscure "acid trip" covers that im always on the hunt for and can hardly ever find. Im always running into key issues that are beyond my price limit. I would take a VG/F #301 for $40 over a VG/F #225 for $400 anyday. Its the ones that i never see that get my inner nerd goin.

The Detective 226 is very hard to find in any grade. It is much more difficult to locate than a 225.

Actually, the 226 is a minor key. It continues the origin of the Martian Manhunter and it is his second appearance.

Actually, the 226 is a minor key. It continues the origin of the Martian Manhunter and it is his second appearance.

AND the Robin costume!

lol !

P8250321.jpg

Here are two nice Batmans.They're both early fifties so I guess technically they're not Silver Age, but I wouldn't classify them as Golden Age either. I never did agree with the precise nomenclature anyway. Just my opinion.

Edited by Stevenrams

DetectiveComics226.jpg Here's my copy; I guess it's about a 3.5. Maybe I'll submit it some day to CGC. Of course, it could be a 4.0; it's not too bad a copy. HTF even in this condition! I bought years ago at the Shrine in Los Angeles. I know who I bought it from; his name is on the tip of my tongue. He claimed it was a 4.0. Of course these where the days before CGC. Now I remember; I bought it fgrom Steve Wyatt. Good guy with fair prices! Edited by Stevenrams