• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Wacky Packages Paintings

56 posts in this topic

Tomorrow marks the sale of the next set of Wacky packages Post cards I worked on. This time I have two pieces, one is only available in the 1st 300 limited edition sets, the other is available in all sets. Anyone who was involved for the last set knows it sold out in 6 hours, and massive profits were made in the wake of the sell out. This is the earliest warning I have, they should be on sale at Series 6 in the early afternoon. I won't spill the beans on both cards I did, but this is the art for the bonus card only available in the 300 limited sets which also include bio cards & a sketch card. I receive no profit from these sales, but wanted to give you a heads up if you want to be able to buy a limited version. Thanks for looking as always! - Matthew

]H8final1.jpg

Tomorrow marks the sale of the next set of Wacky packages Post cards I worked on. This time I have two pieces, one is only available in the 1st 300 limited edition sets, the other is available in all sets. Anyone who was involved for the last set knows it sold out in 6 hours, and massive profits were made in the wake of the sell out. This is the earliest warning I have, they should be on sale at Series 6 in the early afternoon. I won't spill the beans on both cards I did, but this is the art for the bonus card only available in the 300 limited sets which also include bio cards & a sketch card. I receive no profit from these sales, but wanted to give you a heads up if you want to be able to buy a limited version. Thanks for looking as always! - Matthew

]H8final1.jpg

I

LOVE

IT ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Thanks! The lettering SUX! It takes all the fun out of the initial layout to be honest. 2 days are spent with the lettering. I wish they would just let computers do it! :)

I hear ya brother.

Free, loose and organic vs. confined, structured and mechanical. I can see how that would take two days.

You did great job with it.

I love it! (worship)

Sorry, bro. I like the organic hand lettering and am glad it's not done by computer.

Think of it like this...There are people that pay very aggressively for the original art. If the original art isn't complete with the lettering, they wouldn't be nearly as generous with their bids.

=More gold for shiv to hold. ^^

That's great Matt,

The last set was a huge success, mostly because of your entry.

I am sure this one will be even better.

Congrats. :applause:

Thanks! The lettering SUX! It takes all the fun out of the initial layout to be honest. 2 days are spent with the lettering. I wish they would just let computers do it! :)

I hear ya brother.

Free, loose and organic vs. confined, structured and mechanical. I can see how that would take two days.

You did great job with it.

Thanks, I appreciate that!

Thanks everyone! :)

The two jokes were laid out by other people again this time, they rejected mine this time too :cry: One of these times I'll get one through. I'll post some of my rejects later

H8 was written by Mike Dantzer

@Dice - I agree it's better to have the lettering on there, And I do like the hand done aspect, it's just I'm not a letterer. Back in the 70's they had a guy do the lettering, Norman Saunders just did the character painting & the package if it was an involved product. That was a system that yielded better looking lettering I am sure. Oh well, I am still happy to do them! We can let some of the small type be typeset, but the logo & any larger type is to be hand done.