• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Early Timely Marvel Mystery Books for sale.

41 posts in this topic

Hold firm on the sale price of the MMC#9, someone will buy it. Not like anyone is going to be able to find another mid grade copy anytime soon.

Rick owned this prior to me as he bought it from Heritage and someone offered him $25K (gross with buyer's premium) through the Heritage make-an-offer feature 1.5 years ago.

I think it's priced "right".

(thumbs u

Marvel Mystery Comics #7 CGC 4.5 off white

Just another killer cover by Schomburg. Considered by many to be a favorite this book well represents the GA era, possibly better than any other. The damsel in distress, the enemy using technology and force in an attempt to thwart the hero, and the hero bursting onto the scene in spectacular fashion in the nick of time ready to save the damsel. This particular copy had glue on the centerfold which I had removed prior to slabbing the book. Although the pictures show an unslabbed book I merely posted them so that you could see the book. The book is indeed slabbed.

Asking $2500

MarvelMystery7f.jpg

MarvelMystery7b.jpg

My old copy! Roy, Good luck with your sale.

Marvel Mystery Comics #9 CGC 5.0 c/ow

Considered by many to be one of the greatest Timely books of all time, I've even heard some collectors tell me that they prefer this book to Marvel Comics #1. This classic Schomburg cover sports a Torch/Subby battle cover with an interior that includes 22 pages of glorious battle issue inside! When it comes to cool funny books it just doesn't get much better than this!

Asking $25,000

MarvelMysteryComics9CGC5_0.jpg

(thumbs u that would be me. :cool:

Hold firm on the sale price of the MMC#9, someone will buy it. Not like anyone is going to be able to find another mid grade copy anytime soon.

Rick owned this prior to me as he bought it from Heritage and someone offered him $25K (gross with buyer's premium) through the Heritage make-an-offer feature 1.5 years ago.

I think it's priced "right".

(thumbs u

I did indeed...in fact, I almost "raised" the price on it before Roy bought it :baiting:

Roy, are you funding for a big purchase? =)

More or less just changing direction. I hope to buy all my old books back once I am done doing what I have in mind.

(thumbs u

More or less just changing direction. I hope to buy all my old books back once I am done doing what I have in mind.

(thumbs u

make sure you put your blinker on lol

(thumbs u

make sure you put your blinker on lol

I thought Roy had reached the age when he always has his left blinker on :shrug:

(thumbs u

Pre-Robin Tecs? Early Supes Action covers? hm