• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,128 posts in this topic

scan0139-2.jpg

Haven't seen the Nova Scotia 'Tec 30 before, but what a great book. :golfclap:

It reminds me of my Nova Scotia Adventure 44 - a top of stack book that had some soiling issues, but while yours was left intact, the previous owner on mine decided to get the cover cleaned.

Either way, great books all! :cloud9:

100_0954.jpg

scan0139-2.jpg

Haven't seen the Nova Scotia 'Tec 30 before, but what a great book. :golfclap:

It reminds me of my Nova Scotia Adventure 44 - a top of stack book that had some soiling issues, but while yours was left intact, the previous owner on mine decided to get the cover cleaned.

Either way, great books all! :cloud9:

100_0954.jpg

That Adventure looks un-real!!! Whats the grade # on that bad boy?

P9280005.jpg

I can only begin to imagine what it must feel like to own a copy of Detective Comics #27. It's a book so legendary, so important to our hobby, that I would be thrilled beyond belief to own just a single non-Batman page.

Yours is not only complete, but has its cover, and is about as sharp as any collector could ever hope for. This to me is an example of restoration gone very VERY well. It also presents so well within the CGC slab; you must be one proud owner. :cloud9:

I don't want to sound overly cheesy, but could you describe for those of us who have yet to (and might never) own a Tec #27, what the feeling must be like to finally have the privilege to own a book of that magnitude?

P9280005.jpg

I can only begin to imagine what it must feel like to own a copy of Detective Comics #27. It's a book so legendary, so important to our hobby, that I would be thrilled beyond belief to own just a single non-Batman page.

Yours is not only complete, but has its cover, and is about as sharp as any collector could ever hope for. This to me is an example of restoration gone very VERY well. It also presents so well within the CGC slab; you must be one proud owner. :cloud9:

I don't want to sound overly cheesy, but could you describe for those of us who have yet to (and might never) own a Tec #27, what the feeling must be like to finally have the privilege to own a book of that magnitude?

(worship)

My Pre-Robin Tec Run (Batman covers only)

P9280001.jpg

you're a stud C...is that my old 31 you got from Harley?
I believe it is...and that is one of my old tec 27s...dern book looks like a 9.0, but has a weird non pressable deep bend in the book (doesnt break color, but too thick to press out matt n told me), that it made it a great deal for Fish!

My Pre-Robin Tec Run (Batman covers only)

P9280001.jpg

you're a stud C...is that my old 31 you got from Harley?
I believe it is...and that is one of my old tec 27s...dern book looks like a 9.0, but has a weird non pressable deep bend in the book (doesnt break color, but too thick to press out matt n told me), that it made it a great deal for Fish!

Yes, the #31 is the "Harley" book (we exchanged some PM's a few years back about it, remember? -- going to send it in for grading soon). And of course, who could complete any Mega-run without the help of the Gator man -- many, many thanks to him and his decency, fairness and patience, can't say enough about him!

P9280005.jpg

Sorry, but cheesy is what you'll get -- how about owning a book you want to just look at and hold anytime you are within 100 yards of where it lies ?? How about picking it up in the holder so gently as if you were picking up the actual book, not wanting to damage it, what about wanting to sleep with it under your pillow every damn night an.................OK, sorry, too much information.

And of course, who could complete any Mega-run without the help of the Gator man -- many, many thanks to him and his decency, fairness and patience, can't say enough about him!

:applause: rick has helped me too over the years sell and purchase many books. god bless him.

P9280005.jpg

Sorry, but cheesy is what you'll get -- how about owning a book you want to just look at and hold anytime you are within 100 yards of where it lies ?? How about picking it up in the holder so gently as if you were picking up the actual book, not wanting to damage it, what about wanting to sleep with it under your pillow every damn night an.................OK, sorry, too much information.

lol

P9280005.jpg

Fishbone - I wonder did Gator supply you with a qualified bid as to the pre restoe grade on this gem?

Not that it matters, this book being as huge and mindblowing as it is - but I just thought about it.

In hand how do you see the the book before the work was performed: 3.0ish, 4.0ish??

And why did it get extensive? How large is the pieces added? (I guess thats the center question).

I find it interesting to shed some light on what distinguishes mod from ext. If it was Matt who did the book. Did he believe it would come out moderate?

There must be a lot of thinking and pondering on what to go for when such a book is on ones radar?

Congrats - super book :cloud9: