• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

Ya your right thats just a shame since we all would like our books to go the other dir. I would love my tec 27 at 1.0 unrestored like i bought it. Tec 1 vg unrestored like i bought it also

Yipes!!

Love to know what this book was before it was reconstructed.

This is key before jumping to conclusions.

CGC 6.5 B-5 as a starting point.

Have an image? If it was older resto it's very feasible that it could be improved. Adding enough CT will cover most flaws.

Yipes!!

Any idea what it was prior to its initial restoration? hm

To hit 6.5 B-5, at best would be 1.0

Yipes!!

Any idea what it was prior to its initial restoration? hm

To hit 6.5 B-5, at best would be 1.0

Are you saying that in its original unrestored condition, this book must have been 1.0 or possibly even lower? Or are you saying that it must have been at least a 1.0 to start off and could have been anything up to its initial restored grade? ???

As you can tell, I know absolutely nothing about CGC's new convoluted restoration rating system. doh!

Man what a pity this is happening to these historic books. But I guess they wouldn't keep doing it if there weren't a market.

yes its kind of sad.

the same with books being disassembled sold one page at a time. i predicted this trend in 2009.

But I guess they wouldn't keep doing it if there weren't a market.

The impression I get are that these IGB/Voldy books are being forced upon the market, and perhaps with an exception or two, have woefully under-performed.

So can "pieces added" mean 3/4+ a cover or page? I don't mind some restoration, but pieces added always seemed too vague.

No your not going to see a book with 3/4 of the cover replaced. Generally pieces added can include chips at the edges and at the spine. I do not know at what point another notation would be used but I would say if 1/4 of the cover was replaced, say a logo it would be noted differently and not just pieces added but more of logo replaced of 1/4 cover replaced/married something along those lines.

I don't think you would see anything bigger then say a business card type size included under pieces added but it can vary from book to book.

James G

But these IGB books almost seem like recreations. I'm wary of them(of course, most of the books they work on are out of my league anyway) .