• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

ze-man beat me to it doh!

Sorry, I don't want to come off as bashing the competition. But when I was sent these scans, I couldn't believe it.

S'long as a moderator is posting CBCS scans, I'm safe. Just came back from a wrist slap ( 2 days off ) for posting this CBCS scan in CG. :fear:

Don't look at me..first time I've logged on in a long time.

I might be in trouble too.

:blush:

Bobs sig is trim too what a shame make you really think abought the CBCS grading now. And to think you all pic on me for mine in a PGX holder lol lol lol lol lol CGC you are the best i made a mistake on haveing mine graded the other way SORRY. :sorry:

This begs the question. How many trimmed books are slipping thru CBCS or is it just IGB books that are getting a pass ?

There were a ton of GA Batmans in the last Heritage auction I would have chased had they not been in voldy holders :sick:

I don't think trimmed books should get the benefit of higher grades just because the book now has sharp corners! They will hammer for a stain but they reward for trimming, ridiculous.

Well stated.

This begs the question. How many trimmed books are slipping thru CBCS or is it just IGB books that are getting a pass ?

There were a ton of GA Batmans in the last Heritage auction I would have chased had they not been in voldy holders :sick:

Why? If they were blue and you feel that they are loose on grading just bid accordingly as do people in the card industry with PSA, SGC, Beckett etc.

Once I submitted the same comic 3 times to CGC I thought was 9.2 with straight crack and re-sub and it went as follows. 9.0, 8.5 then 9.2.

How about the Boy comics that years ago went from I believe a CGC 4.5? to CGC 9.0?

We all know CGC would never miss a trimmed book, oh wait seems they have missed it before. I remember a thread on a comic that was submitted to CGC that was claimed to be trimmed by CGC on 2 submissions and when owner sold the comic the new owner cracked it out and got blue. hm

I know of a purple CGC Tec 31 with trimmed CF and CT but CT was removed and the book graded blue 3.0. What happened to trimmed CF? I passed on this comic because CGC said trimmed. Would love it in my sig line now that it untrimmed itself.

Yet with all these problems I still have confidence in CGC or I would not have submitted over 600 comics to them this year. Oh and I am starting to use Voldy also.

Both companies have flaws but both are needed in our hobby.

As for the Tec 27 in question I hate what has been done to comic also but apparently someone like it.

My 2c

S'long as a moderator is posting CBCS scans, I'm safe. Just came back from a wrist slap ( 2 days off ) for posting this CBCS scan in CG. :fear:

lol, I was wondering where that pic was that u posted. I wasn't aware though that u had your peepee slapped for doing that. Naughty boy (tsk)

if they are the same book...compare this to the original, and it sure looks trimmed to me, doesn't it....look at that right edge? lot missing
Bound to happen ...

IGB%20Tec%2027.jpg

2478995_Full_Obv.jpg

Oh no, man

this is not happening: destruction af national heritage

only for greed. SHAME on these Guys ...

Don't look at me..first time I've logged on in a long time.

I might be in trouble too.

:blush:

Relax, - as long as the thread is about slamming Voldemort, you are perfectly safe.

Oh no, man

this is not happening: destruction af national heritage

only for greed. SHAME on these Guys ...

Yup, shame on IGB, shame on Voldy, and shame on the entity financing this greedy enterprise.

Maybe now some of the misguided apologists who have defended these IGB books will finally understand what the detractors have been saying all along.