• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
17 17

5,143 posts in this topic

I have to agree with 35 being a favorite. I pulled out mine the other day and read it from cover to cover. My reaction afterwards was: "Wow, now that's an entertaining comic book, chock full of great Golden Age stories."

:shy:

I have to agree with 35 being a favorite. I pulled out mine the other day and read it from cover to cover. My reaction afterwards was: "Wow, now that's an entertaining comic book, chock full of great Golden Age stories."

:headbang:

Tec 35 = an absolute classic

:headbang:

Tec 35 = an absolute classic

Yeah, but you nancy boys only like it for the homoerotic cover. I've actually read the damn thing. :baiting:

I find your entire collection, especially your Tecs, very appealing :cloud9:

Then next time you're up this way,you'll have to spend a night and get further acquainted.

:luhv:

but how will J feel about that :baiting:

This thread needs a...

:bump:

I will post this here,it was in the tec collecting thread as well.

Thanks to boardies for getting the run together for my friend...still needing a 29 and 36 in this era...

IMGP1479-1.jpg

:applause::applause::applause:

Beautiful books...yet, I still find myself appreciating the 33 for some reason. hm

Great work with putting all those books together. (thumbs u

Awesome group shot.

33 is my favorite as well, such a phenomenal cover. Gotta love Batman with a gun... (thumbs u

Such a great issue. :cloud9:

Completely unbiased of course. :grin:

I don't think I have as much misplaced adoration for Jessica Biel as you have for tec 33 :baiting:

Awesome group shot.

33 is my favorite as well, such a phenomenal cover. Gotta love Batman with a gun... (thumbs u

Such a great issue. :cloud9:

Completely unbiased of course. :grin:

I don't think I have as much misplaced adoration for Jessica Biel as you have for tec 33 :baiting:

:signfunny:

:hi:

Here's my other pre-Robin Tec. I just got this back from Kenny (by way of Matt Nelson), who fixed a bunch of structural flaws (ugly top spine split, weak/worn spine, some interior page tears towards the back) and cleaned the cover. While still lower-grade, it looks and feels dramatically nicer than before. And the cover colors were nice to begin with, but now they really pop! Love it...

102659.jpg

Yeah, I guess you'd call it conservation. I was trying to keep the work pretty minimal, but I underestimated how much structural work was needed and maybe should've gone for the color touch as well once it crossed the line from slight to moderate resto. hm No harm done though, I can always send it back in if I decide to (once my wallet recovers from the #35).