• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

FMV excluding i think are 29, 31 (these are very close and probably the other way round) 35, 33, 36, 37
naturally, 28's value probably gives them all a run for their money grade for grade, but that is a different discussion lol

my personal preference is 29...I like it MUCH better than 31...but the market seems to have determined that 31 is the "most" desirable tec comic (outside of 27, which due to price reasons, doesn't often get comparisons)...therefore, personal preference aside, I have to concede that 31 is "better" , even though to me, 29 blows it away...I assume I am in the minority on this, but that is irrelevant (shrug)

no way. 29 blows a 38 away. that's truth. (thumbs u In fact 33 and 38 are in the same boat---priced higher than 29, 31, and 35--but FMV is much much lower.
:idea: read the post first...who mentioned anything about a 38 lol
I was just using 29 and 38 to compare what "blowing away" was the better ex than 29 and 31 which aren't miles away in caliber IMO--31 slightly better cover, 29 better story.
well, thank goodness yours is one opinion that "doesn't" count lol
:sumo: go Miami (FL)! All about the "U" :cool:
:whatev:
I love me some Frank Gore, Willis McGahee, Clinton Portis, Edgerrin James, Warren Sapp, Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Sean Taylor... :headbang:

I'd take first (after 27, of course) a 33, then 29, then 31. I'd rather have a 28 than a 35.

Except for the struck section, I agree completely

+1 :hi: Bill

(worship):hi: Ben

coming to San Diego this month Bill?

:sorry:

FMV excluding i think are 29, 31 (these are very close and probably the other way round) 35, 33, 36, 37
naturally, 28's value probably gives them all a run for their money grade for grade, but that is a different discussion lol

my personal preference is 29...I like it MUCH better than 31...but the market seems to have determined that 31 is the "most" desirable tec comic (outside of 27, which due to price reasons, doesn't often get comparisons)...therefore, personal preference aside, I have to concede that 31 is "better" , even though to me, 29 blows it away...I assume I am in the minority on this, but that is irrelevant (shrug)

no way. 29 blows a 38 away. that's truth. (thumbs u In fact 33 and 38 are in the same boat---priced higher than 29, 31, and 35--but FMV is much much lower.
I was just using 29 and 38 to compare what "blowing away" was the better ex than 29 and 31 which aren't miles away in caliber IMO--31 slightly better cover, 29 better story.
I love me some Frank Gore, Willis McGahee, Clinton Portis, Edgerrin James, Warren Sapp, Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Sean Taylor... :headbang:

How about my neighbor, ole Danny Stubbs? (shrug)

How about my neighbor, ole Danny Stubbs? (shrug)

yah, he had a few good years out here in SF :)

I'd take first (after 27, of course) a 33, then 29, then 31. I'd rather have a 28 than a 35.

We'll always have last year....

DSCN3907.jpg

DSCN3907.jpg

:applause:

Bill might recognize this one. Top Census restored 9.0, de-slabbed.

The scanner makes it look darker than it is, and it has microchamber paper in it right now.

100950.jpg.003da2d6f2bb3275278b2a0fdbddc797.jpg

100951.jpg.d9877865f5e573b3d5600f38ed21c3ad.jpg

The scanner makes it look darker than it is, and it has microchamber paper in it right now.

(worship)

Restored or not, that's a beautiful copy of a book that seems almost impossible to find!

One of my personal favorites as I feel it has the creepiest ending of all the Pre-Robin Tecs.

Beautiful. ;)

DSCN3907.jpg

Bill, is that you on the left?

Only recognize ya from the Youtube video. (thumbs u

DSCN3907.jpg

Yep

I do indeed recognize that copy. :cloud9:

(worship)

(worship)

when I owned it, it was still slabbed :sorry:

DSCN3907.jpg

Yep

Handsome :luhv:

DSCN3907.jpg

Yep

ben, bill or both (shrug)

DSCN3907.jpg

Yep

ben, bill or both (shrug)

All three of you :cloud9:

DSCN3907.jpg

Yep

:blush:

Congratulations again...when can we expect to see you in the Pre-Robin Tec Club?

Consider this my official request for membership. :-)

(Incidentally, the scan of the #32 is a 'before' scan... waiting for the book to return from Kenny, who has done some expert repair work to it. Can't wait to see it!)

68954.jpg

101072.jpg