• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

Lots of entries here BUT most are "I like" or "I want this one to be higher

than that one" rather than "expected value is:"

The consensus seems to be 27, (29, 31), 35, 33, 36, 37.

29 seems to be slightly ahead of 31 or, if not now, is expected to pull ahead soon.

28 is so scarce it is a wild card. Would anyone knowledgeable guess?

(above/below 35??)

30, 32, and 34 are the laggards (using Overstreet order)..

Is this where we whine "Can't we just get along?"

29 seems to be slightly ahead of 31 or, if not now, is expected to pull ahead soon.

(above/below 35??)

28 definitely above the 35 but below 29 and 31

FMV excluding i think are 29, 31 (these are very close and probably the other way round) 35, 33, 36, 37
naturally, 28's value probably gives them all a run for their money grade for grade, but that is a different discussion lol

my personal preference is 29...I like it MUCH better than 31...but the market seems to have determined that 31 is the "most" desirable tec comic (outside of 27, which due to price reasons, doesn't often get comparisons)...therefore, personal preference aside, I have to concede that 31 is "better" , even though to me, 29 blows it away...I assume I am in the minority on this, but that is irrelevant (shrug)

no way. 29 blows a 38 away. that's truth. (thumbs u In fact 33 and 38 are in the same boat---priced higher than 29, 31, and 35--but FMV is much much lower.

:gossip: 28 not 38

Lets face it, they are all going to go up. The question is which one wins the race?

agreed, I have yet to see any price pull back on Batman covered, pre robin Tecs...even the non bat covered tecs seem to be consistent, though not 100% in the upward direction...

The second question is which race?

Overstreet price guide: 33 wins other are catching up.

FMV: No definitive answer posted here.

FMV there is a definitive answer (well, kind of)

grade for grade, Tec 29 and 31 sell almost neck and neck, followed by Tec 35, followed by tec 33, followed by 36 and then 37 (I left non bat covers out)...

FMV conclusion would seem to point to 31 as probably "winning" the race, but 29 is almost interchangable at this point

G.A.Tor: No definitive answer posted here.

I personally like the combination of 2nd bat cover, and scarcity, to propel tec 29 over tec 31 to the finish line...so there is my definitive answer...

I rank bat covers, value wise as : 27,29,31,35,33,36,37... (thumbs u

GPA (and others): No definitive answer posted here.

since many many of these books sell privately, GPA will never fully capture the market... I will be submitting a lot of sales of tec 27,29,31,33,35, 36 and 37 (as well as others) to GPA, and that will help clear the picture up...maybe I am fortunate to have a lot of sales info the public doesn't (shrug)

but, if you review gpa, tec 31 is the winner, followed by 29, then 35, then 33

Detective33kid: No definitive answer posted here.

Others???

Imran has posted and echos my sentiment...I believe 1koko and Andre and Primetime and Ronaldo, etc are well qualified to comment (as having put the entire run together)... I think folks on the boards know that I have bought and sold more pre robin tecs than any active member of the boards (and no I don't count metro, heritage , clink , they have all sold more than me, but I don't consider them "active" posters like most of us)

I think we can all agree that 33 is very important and that, at the present time,

29, 31, and (perhaps) 35 have "hot" covers.

Will these overtake 33? If so when? And by how much?

31 is very cover driven, 29 is scarcity and cover driven, 35 is scarcity, cover AND what only primetime has pointed out, SPLASH page driven (the best bat splash page there is, imo)... now, that said, much like the 33's origin story, the 35 splash is only a factor as far as folks "know" it is there, but can't see it lol

For someone who wants them all and has a budget, the choice of which one to

go for is simple: which one is available at a price I can afford and which I

consider to be reasonable?

For years, the answer has been: none of the above.

when I figure put my run together, you know the issue I bought first... tec 33...not because I thought it was the best or whatever (I do love it), but because it was the most readily available copy in the market (and still is today)... there is more supply at current prices than demand for 33, when compared to the other "3"...

So if a man wanted to drop 10-12K on one of these, which one and at what grade? Blue/Purple? And the big question, is there one on the market that would even meet your qualifications.

(above/below 35??)

30, 32, and 34 are the laggards (using Overstreet order)..

Is this where we whine "Can't we just get along?"

I believe I posted that 28 is just on the heels of 29/31 grade for grade, and above 35,33 et al for sure (thumbs u

(above/below 35??)

28 definitely above the 35 but below 29 and 31

(thumbs u

I was just using 29 and 38 to compare what "blowing away" was the better ex than 29 and 31 which arent miles away in caliber.
to me they are, but I realize not the general market (thumbs u

FMV excluding i think are 29, 31 (these are very close and probably the other way round) 35, 33, 36, 37
naturally, 28's value probably gives them all a run for their money grade for grade, but that is a different discussion lol

my personal preference is 29...I like it MUCH better than 31...but the market seems to have determined that 31 is the "most" desirable tec comic (outside of 27, which due to price reasons, doesn't often get comparisons)...therefore, personal preference aside, I have to concede that 31 is "better" , even though to me, 29 blows it away...I assume I am in the minority on this, but that is irrelevant (shrug)

no way. 29 blows a 38 away. that's truth. (thumbs u In fact 33 and 38 are in the same boat---priced higher than 29, 31, and 35--but FMV is much much lower.

:gossip: 28 not 38

i meant to say 38. (thumbs u and, I'd prefer a 28 over 38 as well :)

:idea: read the post first...who mentioned anything about a 38 lol
I was just using 29 and 38 to compare what "blowing away" was the better ex than 29 and 31 which aren't miles away in caliber IMO--31 slightly better cover, 29 better story.

I was just using 29 and 38 to compare what "blowing away" was the better ex than 29 and 31 which aren't miles away in caliber IMO--31 slightly better cover, 29 better story.
well, thank goodness yours is one opinion that "doesn't" count lol

:sumo: go Miami (FL)! All about the "U" :cool:

FMV there is a definitive answer (well, kind of)

grade for grade, Tec 29 and 31 sell almost neck and neck, followed by Tec 35, followed by tec 33, followed by 36 and then 37 (I left non bat covers out)...

FMV conclusion would seem to point to 31 as probably "winning" the race, but 29 is almost interchangable at this point

I have to agree that in the long run a 29 is better than a 31, scarcity will win out in the end.

+1 (thumbs u

hm, maybe I am not in the minority afterall... come on folks, what say you...29 or 31 (shrug)

29. Scarcity, a cover almost as good as 31, and the first truly great Batman story and villian. :thumbsup:

:applause:

:whatev: