• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

Congratulations again...when can we expect to see you in the Pre-Robin Tec Club?

Consider this my official request for membership. :-)

(Incidentally, the scan of the #32 is a 'before' scan... waiting for the book to return from Kenny, who has done some expert repair work to it. Can't wait to see it!)

68954.jpg

101072.jpg

Both books are BEAUTIFUL.

Congratulations. :applause:

What's the story behind the Tec #32?

Both books are BEAUTIFUL.

Congratulations. :applause:

What's the story behind the Tec #32?

Thanks!

Re the #32, no big story really. I bought it two years ago in one of Brent/qualitycomix's auctions. At purchase it was missing a centerfold, but I managed to find one right at the same time that was a nice fit. I sent the book to Matt Nelson/Kenny for some structural repairs... bit of spine sealing, sealing some tears and marrying in the centerfold. This 'marriage' was a fun way to get this book relatively cheap... I'd be pretty happy to pick off a few more Tecs that way.

If that gangster was smart, he'd pull the trigger on that Tommy Gun so that the barrel heated and burned the popo's hand. Then we'd see who was in trouble... lol

It'll be great to see how the book turns out when it's all finished. Can't wait!

ok, keep in mind, that our perception of "scarcity" is based on what we see for sale in the market place (so this list will and does change periodically)...

tec 31 is no more scarcer (in existing numbers) than say tec 30, but tec 31 is in so much more demand, that it appears to be sold/available "less often".... why? because when it is offered, it is generally snatched up quick! a book like tec 30 will often times sit for weeks or months unsold... and actually, tec 34 is a "tougher" non bat cover to locate than tec 30 (been far more copies of 30 in the market recently over the past 5-8 years than 34, for example)...

so, my "scarce to common" scale is based on what is available in the market over time, and "how long" it is available in the market

toughest: 28

next is 29...rarely offered, and when it is, gone in a hearbeat!

next is 35...rarely offered, and when it is, gone in less than 2 heartbeats

next is 34...actually the toughest non bat cover, but not a lot of demand except from run builders

next is 30...2nd toughest non bat cover

next is 31...simply too much demand relative to supply...but trust me, there are a LOT of existing copies

next is 27...seems to be available as much (maybe a tad bit more) than 31

next is 36

next is 37

next is 33...the most available batman cover pre robin tec...

last is tec 32, always seems to be copies available

Love this kind of input! (worship)

Lets face it, they are all going to go up. The question is which one wins the race?

agreed, I have yet to see any price pull back on Batman covered, pre robin Tecs...even the non bat covered tecs seem to be consistent, though not 100% in the upward direction...

The second question is which race?

Overstreet price guide: 33 wins other are catching up.

FMV: No definitive answer posted here.

FMV there is a definitive answer (well, kind of)

grade for grade, Tec 29 and 31 sell almost neck and neck, followed by Tec 35, followed by tec 33, followed by 36 and then 37 (I left non bat covers out)...

FMV conclusion would seem to point to 31 as probably "winning" the race, but 29 is almost interchangable at this point

G.A.Tor: No definitive answer posted here.

I personally like the combination of 2nd bat cover, and scarcity, to propel tec 29 over tec 31 to the finish line...so there is my definitive answer...

I rank bat covers, value wise as : 27,29,31,35,33,36,37... (thumbs u

GPA (and others): No definitive answer posted here.

since many many of these books sell privately, GPA will never fully capture the market... I will be submitting a lot of sales of tec 27,29,31,33,35, 36 and 37 (as well as others) to GPA, and that will help clear the picture up...maybe I am fortunate to have a lot of sales info the public doesn't (shrug)

but, if you review gpa, tec 31 is the winner, followed by 29, then 35, then 33

Detective33kid: No definitive answer posted here.

Others???

Imran has posted and echos my sentiment...I believe 1koko and Andre and Primetime and Ronaldo, etc are well qualified to comment (as having put the entire run together)... I think folks on the boards know that I have bought and sold more pre robin tecs than any active member of the boards (and no I don't count metro, heritage , clink , they have all sold more than me, but I don't consider them "active" posters like most of us)

I think we can all agree that 33 is very important and that, at the present time,

29, 31, and (perhaps) 35 have "hot" covers.

Will these overtake 33? If so when? And by how much?

31 is very cover driven, 29 is scarcity and cover driven, 35 is scarcity, cover AND what only primetime has pointed out, SPLASH page driven (the best bat splash page there is, imo)... now, that said, much like the 33's origin story, the 35 splash is only a factor as far as folks "know" it is there, but can't see it lol

For someone who wants them all and has a budget, the choice of which one to

go for is simple: which one is available at a price I can afford and which I

consider to be reasonable?

For years, the answer has been: none of the above.

when I figure put my run together, you know the issue I bought first... tec 33...not because I thought it was the best or whatever (I do love it), but because it was the most readily available copy in the market (and still is today)... there is more supply at current prices than demand for 33, when compared to the other "3"...

Sorry Rick, where's 28 in all of this?

Any more Pre-Robin Tecs out there?

Well here's another ticket into the club for the short term...as i will only have it for the rest of the month here at home...but man am i enjoying it!!!

IMGP1390-1.jpg

Wow!

I'm jelous...what a beautiful looking 1.5!

(worship)

Lets face it, they are all going to go up. The question is which one wins the race?

agreed, I have yet to see any price pull back on Batman covered, pre robin Tecs...even the non bat covered tecs seem to be consistent, though not 100% in the upward direction...

grade for grade, Tec 29 and 31 sell almost neck and neck, followed by Tec 35, followed by tec 33, followed by 36 and then 37 (I left non bat covers out)...

FMV conclusion would seem to point to 31 as probably "winning" the race, but 29 is almost interchangable at this point

I personally like the combination of 2nd bat cover, and scarcity, to propel tec 29 over tec 31 to the finish line...so there is my definitive answer...

since many many of these books sell privately, GPA will never fully capture the market... I will be submitting a lot of sales of tec 27,29,31,33,35, 36 and 37 (as well as others) to GPA, and that will help clear the picture up...maybe I am fortunate to have a lot of sales info the public doesn't (shrug)

Others???

Imran has posted and echos my sentiment...I believe 1koko and Andre and Primetime and Ronaldo, etc are well qualified to comment (as having put the entire run together)... I think folks on the boards know that I have bought and sold more pre robin tecs than any active member of the boards (and no I don't count metro, heritage , clink , they have all sold more than me, but I don't consider them "active" posters like most of us)

I think we can all agree that 33 is very important and that, at the present time,

31 is very cover driven, 29 is scarcity and cover driven, 35 is scarcity, cover AND what only primetime has pointed out, SPLASH page driven (the best bat splash page there is, imo)... now, that said, much like the 33's origin story, the 35 splash is only a factor as far as folks "know" it is there, but can't see it lol

when I figure put my run together, you know the issue I bought first... tec 33...not because I thought it was the best or whatever (I do love it), but because it was the most readily available copy in the market (and still is today)... there is more supply at current prices than demand for 33, when compared to the other "3"...

I only analyzed bat covers... clearly tec 28 is the toughest to find both unrestored and even restored, and sells for multiples of guide (thumbs u

Others???

I only analyzed bat covers... clearly tec 28 is the toughest to find both unrestored and even restored, and sells for multiples of guide (thumbs u

All the talk in this thread about Tec 33 being underpriced as it is the origin, the 28 needs more love, after all it IS the second appearance of Batman and is rare, especially unrestored. I appreciate the fact it is not a Batman cover, but in terms of cultural significance, the second appearance of a major character like Batman should make it the the most important issue after Tec 27.

I have to mention that it has a pretty cool story as well.

Others???

All the talk in this thread about Tec 33 being underpriced as it is the origin, the 28 needs more love, after all it IS the second appearance of Batman and is rare, especially unrestored. I appreciate the fact it is not a Batman cover, but in terms of cultural significance, the second appearance of a major character like Batman should make it the the most important issue after Tec 27.

I have to mention that it has a pretty cool story as well.

very true, but the comic market has never reflected that...just like today. I'm sure kids dropped the dimes on the 27, skipped the 28, and bought again when they saw the 29 on the stands (thumbs u

So true Primetime. Furthermore when it comes down to it whenever id consider selling a tec the non-bat covers would go first and I wouldn't cry over it. But selling a 31 or 35 did and will always bother me

So true Primetime. Furthermore when it comes down to it whenever id consider selling a tec the non-bat covers would go first and I would cry over it. But selling a 31 or 35 did and will always bother me
:makepoint: Edited by Primetime

Any more Pre-Robin Tecs out there?

Well here's another ticket into the club for the short term...as i will only have it for the rest of the month here at home...but man am i enjoying it!!!

IMGP1390-1.jpg

Wow!

I'm jelous...what a beautiful looking 1.5!

(worship)

Yeah awesome looking cover and book. I think I'm going to have to grab one of these one day.

So true Primetime. Furthermore when it comes down to it whenever id consider selling a tec the non-bat covers would go first and I would cry over it. But selling a 31 or 35 did and will always bother me
:makepoint:

Hit me again..... :(

:makepoint:

Hit me again..... :(

:makepoint::foryou: