• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry Robinson Pedigree

142 posts in this topic

Interesting that he chose to go this route.

I would be interested in knowing whether he amassed these books at the time of publication or actually as a collector. Was he a collector?

BTW, its not a pedigree. :gossip: It is, however, no doubt an awesome collection! :banana:

Why would it not be a pedigree if he amassed them at the time of publication (a la Crowley)?

We definitely need some more info on how he amassed them, when and what he has, beyond the pictures.

page quality on the first round is not so good...

most are light tan to ow, or tan to ow, a few slightly brittle and one early batman was brittle

page quality on the first round is not so good...

most are light tan to ow, or tan to ow, a few slightly brittle and one early batman was brittle

Sounds a little like the Richard Sprang Batman 1. I had a chance to buy it some number of years ago but passed because of the page quality.

Okay--hope this isn't blasphemy, but could you imagine getting a Jerry Robinson signed Batman # 1 with a Joker sketch? Coolest Joker collectible ever!

From what I've seen, his Joker sketches have gotten a little more rough with his older age. But a signature on there? Heck ya!

Shoot! I'd be thrilled to own a no-name, filler issue of Batman / Tec from that collection. I'm really, really hoping he makes it to NY Comic Con this year so I can have him sign some of my GA Batman and Detective Comics issues and just thank him in person! :wishluck:

This thread needs pics.

RobinsonColl-001.jpg

RobinsonColl-002.jpg

I love Jerry Robinson.

That man is "legend." Would really enjoy meeting him one day.

Really neat he has original personal copies of books he worked on. Beyond words kinda cool. :cool:

Jerry's Detective Comics covers are some of my favorites.

4779894092_4d0785b003_b.jpg

I definitely agree, Jerry's work on Batman was great. I think him and D i c k Sprang were the best. Jerry's Joker and Two Face covers on Detective were classics.