• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry Robinson Pedigree

142 posts in this topic

Here are a few pictures from the SDCC booth they were showing his collection at. Only a small sample they had on sight. Took only CASH/Check. Also, they were pricing them very fairly using the 4oth Overstreet guide (2009). I was shocked. They told us to stop taking pictures. Only ones I have before they stopped us. They were all SS status w/ his SIG on the splash page. All were graded 1.0-7.5. 4.5 for the CA #2, trying to sell for $3200 as an FYI. I almost bought it. If they took credit card I would have bought the CA#2. Who carries CASH for big huge purchases or even checks anymore. All the pages were brittle/tan or cream pages. The BAT#1 and TEC27 not CGC had major defects they said.

Thanks for the pics. (thumbs u Other than PQ issues, what are the 'major defects' on the Tec 27? The part of the cover showing in your photos looks really nice.

I believe its missing the cover and its a repro. But still its a Tec 27! (worship)

Here are a few pictures from the SDCC booth they were showing his collection at. Only a small sample they had on sight. Took only CASH/Check. Also, they were pricing them very fairly using the 4oth Overstreet guide (2009). I was shocked. They told us to stop taking pictures. Only ones I have before they stopped us. They were all SS status w/ his SIG on the splash page. All were graded 1.0-7.5. 4.5 for the CA #2, trying to sell for $3200 as an FYI. I almost bought it. If they took credit card I would have bought the CA#2. Who carries CASH for big huge purchases or even checks anymore. All the pages were brittle/tan or cream pages. The BAT#1 and TEC27 not CGC had major defects they said.

Thanks for the pics. (thumbs u Other than PQ issues, what are the 'major defects' on the Tec 27? The part of the cover showing in your photos looks really nice.

the 27 was coverless and maybe brittle...it did sell to a boardie (thumbs u

What a cool book. Thanks GAtor for confirming. (thumbs u

(I just heard it from the grapevine and was unsure)

Congrats to whom ever the boardie was. That's just amazing.

Enjoy:

ComicCon20101517.jpg

ComicCon20101516.jpg

ComicCon20101514.jpg

ComicCon20101514.jpg

ComicCon20101513.jpg

ComicCon20101512.jpg

:applause: Thanks for getting the pics

trust me , the batmans' were not priced based on any guide...they were multiples of guide, as most all the books were... joe and nadia have been around a while, they know what they are doing (thumbs u

trust me , the batmans' were not priced based on any guide...they were multiples of guide, as most all the books were... joe and nadia have been around a while, they know what they are doing (thumbs u

I couldn't imagine it... :gossip: But it IS fun to think about :cloud9:

the 27 was coverless and maybe brittle...it did sell to a boardie (thumbs u

Yes, coverless and brittle at spine and edges on 1st few pages and missing a crimson avenger page, but nice otherwise and ... it's a Detective 27.

Was not looking to buy anything at the show but it just seemed like a good deal to me. Not strictly a creator copy since it predates his involvement with the series, And not a pedigree because of condition etc. But as a "collection" copy goes I think any Robinson Batman book is well worth having. splash.jpg

page3.jpg

Got this one, too. Always thought he did a great job with this cover, and it's one of only two war/patriotic themed covers in the whole detective run. (for some reason the hitler bashing and flag waving was confined to Batman comics, except for this issue and, I think, 101)

Detective78JerryRobinsoncopy.jpg

Was not looking to buy anything at the show but it just seemed like a good deal to me. Not strictly a creator copy since it predates his involvement with the series, And not a pedigree because of condition etc. But as a "collection" copy goes I think any Robinson Batman book is well worth having. splash.jpg

page3.jpg

Truly a nice find, what I wouldn't do for one of those babies.

Great pick-up there.

Damn where was this booth at the Con??? I didn't even see it!?!? I wonder how much they were selling the Bat 1's

It was hidden along the wall in the middle of the Con by the main doors. No where near the other book dealers. I found it by accident. I have been emailing them (Nadia) to find out if they have the CAP#2 still for sell since I want it. She said they sold it at the SDCC. Next time I'll bring checks to a con. Told her they should have taken credit card or a HOLD on a book next time knowing that a buyer won't flake on them. They don't do that. :(

She told me they will have more art and books later this weekend from the trucker and will get back to me on what books are w/ the shipment. I gave her my want list. Curious to see what they have coming back.

Old thread resurrection. :bump:

I bought this baby below over the weekend and, yes, it has brittle pages. But you know what? It doesn't matter because it was Jerry Robinson's and that makes me happy. :whee:

KGrHqZpIE8VtFEVqBPSpdoUH9w60_57.jpg