• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry Robinson Pedigree

142 posts in this topic

keep in mind folks, we actually found (with Josh at clink's help) an eventual possessor of my stolen books...but they had supposedly all been cracked out etc...

and it ended up being cheaper to walk away, than legally persue, but I am always curious where they are

Wow, pretty amazing! After reading this thread, sounds like some folks were ready with the pitch fork. Thanks god myself and the family we held up safe in the castle !

That's the CGC forum :)

Bazooka first, ask questions later.

Wow, pretty amazing! After reading this thread, sounds like some folks were ready with the pitch fork. Thanks god myself and the family we held up safe in the castle !

I don't think anyone thought you were involved with the theft.

I don't think anyone thought you were involved with the theft.

Having studied psychology and read those posts some pages ago, I´m sure some were pretty tempted...

Good thing Greg lives in a castle :makepoint:

I love his Penguin cover on 'Tec #67. One of his best.

This one is probably my all time favorite (not my copy, mine is raw)

detective_70.jpg

That is another favorite of mine. I picked up a nice black and white copy of an original drawing by Jerry. I think it was also in the exhibit that he assembled for the Jewish Museum in New York. My copy is too big to scan. Does anyone with a good camera have a copy?

bb

If my post read that way, I didn't mean it to. Your original post said that the scan wasn't yours. I just wanted Gator to find out who has it so he could get it back. :foryou:

If my post read that way, I didn't mean it to. Your original post said that the book you scanned wasn't yours. I just wanted Gator to find out who has it so he could get it back. :foryou:

at this point, I have relinquished my "rights" to go after the books that were stolen from me (crazy, I know, but the saga was well documented here on the boards years ago)...

in any event, was just curious (thumbs u

Forgive me for putting this thread back on topic, but does anyone know how they will be presenting the Jerry Robinson Batman / Detective books. Will they just be shown to drum up interest for an auction or will they be available for sale at the show? If for sale does anyone know if a price list is available?

Forgive me for putting this thread back on topic, but does anyone know how they will be presenting the Jerry Robinson Batman / Detective books. Will they just be shown to drum up interest for an auction or will they be available for sale at the show? If for sale does anyone know if a price list is available?

If a book is with more because it was once owned by Davis Crippen or Edgar Church, or because it was once owned by a guy who saved all his books and wrote dates on the covers, or because it was once part of a pile of books in "Sid's Luncheonette," then a book can certainly be worth more because it was once owned by a guy who was one of the key artists and idea men working on Batman as early as 1939.

I have already been emailed a small list of some of the one's already cgc'd...unfortunately, someone already bought the tec 31 and another tec , so I wa a bit too late (argh!)...they will have them for sale at the show

here is a little snippet

Batman #2 3.0 light tan to off white

Batman #3 5.5 tan to off white

Batman #4 4.5 tan to off white

Batman #9 2.5 brittle

Batman #10 2.0 slightly brittle

Batman #12 2.5 slightly brittle

Batman #14 3.0 light tan to off white

here is a little snippet

Batman #2 3.0 light tan to off white

Batman #3 5.5 tan to off white

Batman #4 4.5 tan to off white

Batman #9 2.5 brittle

Batman #10 2.0 slightly brittle

Batman #12 2.5 slightly brittle

Batman #14 3.0 light tan to off white

What a shame. I would have loved to have snagged a book but not with that PQ

"These books came directly from the DC offices at the time of publication and were used by Jerry for reference through these many years.  As such, they exhibit the typical wear and tear one would expect."

There's one copy of each.

Time will tell how much the page quality actually matters.

"These books came directly from the DC offices at the time of publication and were used by Jerry for reference through these many years.  As such, they exhibit the typical wear and tear one would expect."

There's one copy of each.

Time will tell how much the page quality actually matters.

I am not sure if these particularly graded copies are the DC office copies, or if they are part of Jerry's collection... he had multiples of almost all early batmans (up to 3-5 copies of each, I am told), so this only represents a small portion (shrug)