• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Teen Titles (Silver Age)

409 posts in this topic

Just came across this in one of my boxes. Not a comic you see a every day.

Kathy #1 released 10/59

2a42d19e3dc7fa2aef736b9a65e92d36_zps15d3b8be.jpg[/img]

Nope, I havent got that one, but I want one now :frustrated:

GOOD....because you were the reason i found that book. :baiting: My back is broken. lol

You know that you had to join that club, so i did you a favour lol

W is easy :baiting:

S5002787.jpg

Thanks. I know I've posted it before - probably in this thread -- but it has a nice bit early in the book where the Kathy and Liz feud takes shape. It's interesting to note that Lee didn't save all his humour for the superhero titles.

K27p9.jpg

A title one forgets existed well into the Marvel Age. I guess it got axed for DD or The X-Men. Makes you wonder if the company hadn't been limited in the number of titles it could distribute after the Atlas implosion, how many more books it would have been publishing in the early to mid 60s.

A title one forgets existed well into the Marvel Age. I guess it got axed for DD or The X-Men. Makes you wonder if the company hadn't been limited in the number of titles it could distribute after the Atlas implosion, how many more books it would have been publishing in the early to mid 60s.

Yep....Kathy last issue had a 2/64 cover date. Marvel was keeping a slim monthly line up at that time. Only 11 to 12 issues where being released per month. Daredevil #1 appeared on the stands 4/1964 cover date. Looks like Kathy was canned to make room on the stands for DD.

:popcorn:

Another title that seems to have been canceled for another title was My Girl Pearl...the last issue was #11 which was released with a cover date of 4/61. Amazing Adventures #1 was released with a cover date of 6/61. And of course that went on to introduce Spider Man. :popcorn:

251f4ae30630a4037cc7100511edbc05_zps3b25102a.jpg[/img]

Linda Carter Student Nurse last issue was #9 released with a cover date of 1/63. Amazing Spider Man #1 hit the stands on 3/63. :popcorn:

Teen age romance #86 which was the last issue was 3/62. Hulk # 1 was released 5/62.

Love Romances last issue was #106 released 7/63. Two months later....9/63 X-Men #1 hit the stands.

Great research. It's fun to go on Marvel Wikia and check releases month by month to see what replaced what on the schedule. I hadn't realized before that Hulk was cancelled to make way for Sgt. Fury, for instance, or that there are no Marvel superhero books with a June 1962 cover date.

One wonders what might have happened had Goodman still had his own distribution system and Lee had had enough work to keep Dan DeCarlo too busy to moonlight for Archie. The history of SA teen comics might have been a bit different if Sabrina and Josie and the Pussycats had been Marvel titles.