• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Teen Titles (Silver Age)

409 posts in this topic

Great research. It's fun to go on Marvel Wikia and check releases month by month to see what replaced what on the schedule. I hadn't realized before that Hulk was cancelled to make way for Sgt. Fury, for instance, or that there are no Marvel superhero books with a June 1962 cover date.

One wonders what might have happened had Goodman still had his own distribution system and Lee had had enough work to keep Dan DeCarlo too busy to moonlight for Archie. The history of SA teen comics might have been a bit different if Sabrina and Josie and the Pussycats had been Marvel titles.

Thanks bro....it's kinda interesting (if you are into that) to go month to month and see what ended and what started. It's cool to see so many love type books get the ax and to look two months later and here comes a major Marvel key title beginning.

Just picked this up.

Patsy Walker #61

84d765b6bcc50ccca2142e0f3398ece8_zpsfd39806f.jpg[/img]

What's up

I was going to make a WTB thread for this comic....but I figured my odds would be better that someone who has a copy would see I am looking for one here. Does anyone have a copy of Love Romances #82 from Marvel/Atlas that they would sell me. It's the last love type comic I need to have every Marvel released in 1959. (My current focus is trying to collect every comic that was published in 1959 from Marvel). Thanks!

Frankie

Disregard....Rodan rules! :headbang:

What's up

I was going to make a WTB thread for this comic....but I figured my odds would be better that someone who has a copy would see I am looking for one here. Does anyone have a copy of Love Romances #82 from Marvel/Atlas that they would sell me. It's the last love type comic I need to have every Marvel released in 1959. (My current focus is trying to collect every comic that was published in 1959 from Marvel). Thanks!

Frankie

Disregard....Rodan rules! :headbang:

This thread fell to page 8. :mad: This was one of my favorite threads.....can't let it disappear!

After posting if anyone had a Love Romances #82... And that being the last love type comic I needed from atlas/marvel....Rodan was nice enough to dig this out of his personal collection and sell it to me. :cloud9: Thanks bro! Love the boards!

f1dc18d50de669711dc4b7b7af18efee_zpse634e8a1.jpg[/img]

Every Patsy walker issue I see seems to have such a great cover. Nice one! :applause:

:foryou: Nice to see someone else who enjoys these covers. A lot of these.....you never see. Just got this one. Another date stamp too. Patsy Walker's sister title....Miss America #81.

dfa226ce3e31b08cbef423ebfe107c58_zps7212b506.jpg[/img]

This comic came out long before the silver age....but this was the first issue of one of Marvel's core teen comics. This came out in September 1948. It ran for three issues as My Romance and changed its name to My Own Romance which ran from issue #4 till issue #76 (July 1960), then changed names again and became Teen-Age Romance from #77 till #86 (March 1962) running right into the heart of the Marvel Silver age. Needless to say I consider this comic a key because of its history. :sumo:

My Romance #1 :cloud9:

e227068b3e7124f514cfd9aca8cc92d3_zpscb1c1475.jpg[/img]

This comic came out long before the silver age....but this was the first issue of one of Marvel's core teen comics. This came out in September 1948. It ran for three issues as My Romance and changed its name to My Own Romance which ran from issue #4 till issue #76 (July 1960), then changed names again and became Teen-Age Romance from #77 till #86 (March 1962) running right into the heart of the Marvel Silver age. Needless to say I consider this comic a key because of its history. :sumo:

My Romance #1 :cloud9:

e227068b3e7124f514cfd9aca8cc92d3_zpscb1c1475.jpg[/img]

Great stuff, never ever seen a copy of this :applause:

Some of you guys might scoff, but when DisVel decides to retcon Buzz Baxter, *BAF* is going to be sitting on a mint.

doh!

Buzz Baxter already HAS been ret-conned.

I heard Mad Dog will be in the next Avengers movie. lol:headbang:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_Dog_(Marvel_Comics)